Austin >Real Estate Operators > Timbercreek Apartments
614 S 1st St, Austin, TX | Directions 7870430.256586 -97.752933
This is the worst place to live in Austin – Wow. Extending my lease at Timbercreek is QUICKLY turning out to be one of the worst decisions I've made in my entire time living in Austin. I'll quickly break down why I'm ashamed to live here and coming "home" to this dump makes me want to cry:
1. Nothing works: I have lived in two different units, both of which have needed serious repairs at least monthly. The parking lot was sinking in front of my old building and, due to the massive potholes created, parking was always blocked off. The new building I'm in needs "repairs" and they turn the water off from 9AM - 6PM at least twice a week. That's no cooking, drinking, hand washing, giving pets water, showering, pooping, NOTHING.
2. Management is too cheap to hire professional people to fix things: repairs take FOREVER because the office uses the same four maintenance people to fix every type of problem whether they know how to or not. This usually means they mess things up even worse, thus extending the problem (see mysterious water "repairs" mentioned above).
3. Management is the worst: The office staff has recently changed and they are the rudest people I have ever met. They have competitions of who can fight with tenants the most while still taking their rent money. You can literally BEG them to do their job and they won't move a finger.
4. It's shady: In my less than two years here I've seen robberies, midnight soap operas of screaming people trying to kick in doors, drunk drivers hit cars in the parking lot, signs, and other things before driving away (this happened at 7AM), been harassed by people drinking in the front area while trying to do laundry at night, people get naked, piss, puke, dump drinks, and let their pets poop in the pool. It's disgusting.
But I guess if you want to pay a ton of money to be close to downtown and are willing to not have any water, parking, safety, or basic things that work - this place is GREAT for you!
hmmm.... – maintenance , so-so. location, only getting better. insects- yep. you'll find a few. overall? couldnt be happier.
im not picky. i understand its a LOT to maintain, being the rugged, outdoor, next to a creek (!!!!), insects happen, sh it happens. sometimes you get warm water. sometimes tenants can be loud. sometimes you walk out on your balcony, and you are happy.
as a Chicago apartment leasing agent - in LINCOLN PARK! - im happy to come home.
overall, Timbercreek, thank you! Ive lived here a month.
and i am happy calling you home....so far. you better believe i will type up an angry review.
so far, so good : )
THE MOST HORRIBLE LIVING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE – I have lived at Timbercreek for about 9 months and I have had the worst experience of my life. I have been renting since 1999 and this is most terrible apartment complex I have ever had the displeasure of surviving. The location is great BUT this is what you get in return:
1. Dramatically increasing rents
2. No maintenance (they can take 6 weeks to fix ANYTHING and that's if you pester them often enough)
3. Limited or no hot water on a regular basis
4. Water pipes bursting and flooding entire buildings
5. Tenants getting out of their leases with hardly a fight because management would rather re-rent a unit than actually deal with a problem
6. Illegal deposit reductions (expect to fight for at least half of what you are legally entitled)
7. Other tenants who allow their 8 children to "play" in the parking lot and on other people's cars which mangement will do nothing about
8. Actual lies from the people in the management office - they tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get you out of their office as soon as possible
Since living here I have encountered more than 25 Texas Property Code violations. I have reported them to every tenant's council or watchdog group in the Austin, Texas area and even had to call an Austin City building inspector because our apartment was more than likely not up to code.
Oh, they are currently (April 2007) doing "renovations" to the entire complex. Do not be fooled - the renovations are completely superficial and will not prevent water pipes bursting, improve insulation (single pane windows that do nothing to keep the cold or heat in our out) or anything else to improve the quality of your life. Also, in the 9 months I have been here there have been five armed robberies and one sexual assault. We have gotten multiple notices not to walk around the complex at night alone.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: STAY AWAY FROM HERE!
Location Trumps – The best location possible. You can hear live music from Threadgills and Auditorium Shores from your balcony. Walk downtown or over to SOCO. The grounds are wooded, terraced and clean. Creek and city views great. Pool nice. Laundry room adequate. Crime low. However the buildings are old and falling apart. Maintenance is poor, nothing is done until 3rd complaint. Plumbing leaky. Interior walls and flooring about to colapse. "Remodeling" project only making exterior presentable. No recreation room, hot tub, amenities of any kind. Only live here if location trumps.
Terrible management at Timbercreek Apts – I have been living at Timbercreek apts since 2004. The management system are terrible, slow reponse to get a maintenance. too many dogs barking at nights. We were told that one of the maintenance guy name Gil, was kind of pervert other day which made us goosp bumps on our backs..geez. We would NOT NOT recommend anyone to move there at Timbercreek Apts.
friendly staff, great location – I've lived at Timbercreek two years and it's been the best place I've lived in Austin because the management is genuinely nice. I also haven't had bugs, roaches, whatever.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Timbercreek Apartments on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.