Seattle >Housing Rental > Sheridan Apartments
2011 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA | Directions 9812147.613864 -122.339803
Neighborhoods: Downtown, Belltown
I should've read these reviews!!! – Believe the reviews and stay away. Building looks acceptable at first but then-- it smells bad, heat doesn't work, brown water, horrible cable company--something called broadstripe--building won't let you put a dish on roof or your window!!!--elevator is beyond scary--the super/landlord is a liar and incopetent. Another thing: the sun never shines on this building--there's always a shadow on top of it. should NEVER sign a year lease, i can't believe i have another 9 months of this hellhole.
Before I forget: they charge you $50 a month for electricity and there's no electric heater!!what a joke!!
MANAGER IS A CREEP AND A PERVERT!!! – MY NEIGHBOR HAS BEEN CONSTANTLY HARASSED BY THE WEIRDO MANAGER.....HIS NAME IS MATT BOLAND.....AS SOON AS SHE MOVED IN HE TOLD HER HE'S IN AN "OPEN RELATIONSHIP" WITH HIS WIFE (THAT LIVES IN THE BUILDING WITH THEIR BABY!!!), GOT HER NUMBER FROM THE APPLICATION TO TEXT HER LEWD THINGS, AND NOW STARTED GIVING HER CREEPY PRESENTS LIKE A GLASS DOLPHIN!!! EWWW...... NOT ONLY THIS BUILDING IS DISGUSTING...NOW YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS PERV??? OMG!!!! I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The worse place I ever lived!!! – A sad and pathetic building where nothing works properly, run by crooks from Wilson Management and the white-trash janitor that is universally hated by everyone that ever meets him (from the mailman to EVERYONE in the building), he's so incompetent that other tenants are offered discount on their rent if they're willing to clean and maintain the property because he's unable to do his job properly.
You want more' There's plenty more:
- In the last year I had a mouse in my apartment, bedbugs, huge spiders, giant ants, etc. The building's response: We'll call the exterminator and charge you $250! I added pictures for those whom might not believe me.
- Building is about 100 years-old, literally. The monorail runs right in front and rattles the building each time it goes by. The next medium size earthquake will probably bring it down (the '01 quake almost did!). Smells like old, mold, and decay.
- No hot water if your neighbor is using the shower and terrible water pressure the rest of the time, the landlord's response: The pipes are old and the only way to fix the problem is to replace all of them, and that's impossible to do unless you empty the building of tenants and remodel from ground-up. So long story short: you get no water part of the day. Also, the showers are built for midgets and you basically have to get on your knees to get wet.
- The elevator is a super-slow claustrophobic death-trap that loves breaking down on Friday nights and because Wilson Management is unwilling to pay the elevator company their weekend rates, it won't get fixed to Monday the earliest.
- You want heat during the winter' Don't count on it! This old "classic" building still has those old radiators that make lots of clanking noise but barely works! I had to buy electric heaters to survive the winters. You might say that's not a big deal since the utilities are included in the rent, but the catch is that you can only use a certain amount of power at once, meaning that if your heater is on and you turn on the microwave, the fuse is blown and no more electricity in your apartment! It's very charming.
- There's no washer and driers in the units, and the ones in the dungeon/basement barely work. Be sure to bring plenty of quarters.
- Steps on both the front and back door, so if you have any disabilities don't bother coming. They also make moving great fun. Just horrible architecture all around.
- It's a no pets building even for therapy and doctor prescribed pets. I can guess they want to keep the building safe for the mice!
- Area is filled with homeless and drug addicts. You have to lock the garbage so crackheads won't go through it! No worries, when they can't get to your half-eaten pizza they just defecate next to the garbage bin so you can step on it. I added a picture of the daily mess you have to deal with it.
- Super noisy building. From the drunk neighbors doing drugs on the deck, to the screaming homeless in the parking lot next door, to the never ending barrage of trucks in the alley.
- They WILL steal your security deposit as a farewell gift!
I could go on and on about this trashy building. I actually feel sorry for the few nice people that still live there lost with the creeps and drug dealers. Do yourself a favor and pick a better place to live, there are plenty in the area. You might think you found a bargain but there are no bargains in this world, you gonna get what you pay for it! And that's specially the case at the Sheridan Apartments.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Sheridan Apartments on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.