55 14th St, Hermosa Beach, CA | Directions 9025433.863633 -118.401320
Mon. - Sun. 24 Hours
Do NOT stay HERE!!!!!! Owners are horriable & rude people wh – After making the reservations for $79.99 per night (we spoke to a man just 3 days before our stay) he also confirmed our early check in at 12pm. We arrived only to find that not only was our price per night higher but also our early check in was completely unknown to the woman behind the counter.
After coming back to the hotel an hour later (while we waited for our room to be ready) the owners were nowhere to be seen and we were left sitting in the lobby for an extra half hour. For some reason my husband and I got the impression this woman had a deep hatred for us. Her attitude was harsh when she returned to the desk. As we began the check in process, we noticed that the price was higher than what we had been quoted on the phone, by the man who she said was her husband. When we brought this to her attention (nicely) she then proceeded to call us liars and told us to go stay somewhere else. Before we had a chance to respond she had already printed out the refund slip... and had it on the counter for us to sign.Then things got REAL nasty. Her accusations continued as she told us "You are liars!! My husband would never give you that price or give you an early check in. We do not do that here!!!! (as she laughed in a sarcastic way) Go stay somewhere else!!!!" I tried to explain there must have been a misunderstanding with her husband, and she continued to say we were lying to her. I did not want to stay at a hotel at the mercy of someone who thinks & speaks that my husband & I were "Liars".
So.. we left, like she told us to. The Sea Sprite Motel just a short block away closer to the beach & was fantastic, the people friendly atmosphere for almost the same price made our weekend very pleasant.
If you would like to be left on the street with nowhere to sleep, or if you love being called a "liar" then the "Grandview Inn" is the spot for you!!!!
I don't believe any vacation experience should be this bad. If we couldn't find another hotel what would we have done? The funny part is we live is Los Angeles & were planning on finding a hotel to frequent in Hermosa. They have lost our business for life. I will never go back there & I plan on telling everyone we know to boycott the Grandview!!!
Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT STAY HERE! – So, I was on a business trip w/ my husband and....
HORRIBLE place! I NEVER write reviews even when its a bad place. BUT THIS is OUT OF THE QUESTION BAD!!!!!
Here are the reasons:
1) They said my reservations was for a friday/saturday, when it was Saturday/Sunday. They were yelling and being very disrespectful towards my boss and vice president.
2) They treat you like crap, like as if they hate you upon arrival.
3) The parking was horrible, my husband and I went out to dinner and we came back with NO parking. They had there own PERSONAL guests come over and take their own CUSTOMERS parking...It took us about 15 mins to park. The owner had us park in a handicap area. :/
4) When check out came, I asked as a courtesy if i could get a cup of coffee and the owners wife asked if i had a cup the other day, and i told her i had not. She rolled her eyes and was continuing to check me out. I just said okkk. So I couldn't even have a cup of coffee that was displayed for CUSTOMERS!
5) The owner and owners wife are VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. He was yelling and i asked for him to calm down so we can sort everything out. He YELLED and said "THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY, WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THIS HARD!" He wanted $1,000 right then for "smoking" even though we HAD NOT!!! (must be really hurting on $$)
6) They ACCUSED us of smoking out there balcony. And KIDNAPPED US!!!! YES KIDNAPPED! WOULD NOT LET US DRIVE OUT OF OUR PARKING SPOT. I am not over re-acting the cops told them that legally they kidnapped us and we can sue them! The Hotel owners were even YELLING at the cops. The cops told us these hotel owners call the cops on there customers ALL the time and they were getting very irritated!
7) They have charged my works credit card. That we are obviously going to dispute...and if they try to sue us??? well then we will just have to sue them for Kidnapping.
So, please listen to this, i heard bad reviews on these people...but didn't listen i thought maybe it was just them...boy was i wrong. I will listen to reviews for now on. This place should be shut down!
Shady, Awful and dirty – Shady from start to finish. When I called for my reservation I spoke with the manager Imish; he said the price for my room with a roll away was $175. A night. When I got to the hotel a women called me a liar and said she spoke with me and the room rate was $254. Thankfully I made Imish send me an email confirming the price of the room so they had to honor it. That awful woman then claimed she would get fired for giving me that price. Later she claimed her and her husband where owners and she did not want to give me the room ?…how do you describe surreal in words? Look on the other travel sites and yahoo I am far from alone in my experience with this hole. If you have ever been to India and seen the filth and how cruel and rude they are to their own then maybe you can begin to understand these people. I will never go back, I feel like I need a long hot shower to wash those people off of me
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Grandview Inn on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.