Denver >Transportation & Storage > Johnson Storage & Moving Co
221 Broadway, Denver, CO | Directions 8020339.719826 -104.987982
Neighborhoods: Baker, Southwest Denver
Just do not use them period!
The worst moving experience in my life and I have moved lots!
Empty promises, untrained packers, lies, non responsive.....I could go on and on.
You will not get return phone calls.
Your driver will lie to you - tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then walk off the job with your paperwork and belongings.
Your belongings will be transferred to a different truck and you will not have any idea if everything makes it to a new truck.
You will be told that your delivery is on one date and take time off of work to find out it will not be arriving for another week to 10 days.
Your household goods that you worked hard for or have been in your family for years will be treated like trash! It will be a huge slap in the face!
You will be heartbroken, angry, frustrated, you will cry and scream at the way your belongings will arrive, if or when, at the other end.
And they will NOT care one bit!
Just do not hire them!
Top 10 Signs of a Crappy Move from Hell (yes, they are all true!):
10) You find a hole punctured through the door of the microwave.
9) Your custom-made birdhouse, handmade by her recently passed father, is half destroyed because it is not in a box despite her providing a specific box to pack it in. The missing custom-made mounting pole is found back in Longmont, Colorado after 3 weeks of searching.
8) The hot tub is packed on its side without taking off the top, destroying the arms and bracket for opening it and there are huge tears in the hot tub cover.
7) Your new Mac laptop and 15k Cannon Digital camera is missing.
6) Not a single box is marked with your name, contents, or even the room it came from.
5) You find a piece from a sentimental porcelain figurine lying in the gutter next to the moving truck.
4) You watch the crew take your several cases of wine out from the belly of the truck, rather than the cargo space, after two weeks of extreme heat and road vibration.
3) You see so many pieces of hardware, parts, and pieces on the truck floor that you insist on them sweeping the contents of the entire truck into a box, including the dirt and dust bunnies.
2) The team leader for the move puts all of the hardware for your furniture in his cargo pants pockets then walks out on the moving company never to be heard from again (before the delivery, of course). Nothing can be re-assembled when it is delivered.
1) The truck, with no crew for two more hours, shows up 10 days after it was originally promised. They have no paperwork, inventory list, or any idea what is yours or what should be on the truck.
Just find someone else - anyone else.
8 weeks later and you still will not have all of your shipment - they will tell you they will send it but will not. You also will not be able to put your home together because they can't track down your hardware, or offer beds to family who are coming in from out of town and no one will take any responsibility or step up to do the right thing!
Update: 6 months later, you still will not get them to respond with a settlement. We filed the claim, their offer was a slap in the face, resubmitted ALL documentation 2 months, and can not get a response. Wow, what a nightmare!
Do not use! They outsource their move to other companies and do not back you as a customer when they damage property, they broke several items and didn't seem to care. Also they "lost" our video game system and satellite receiver access card together valued at $500 but refuse to compensate us for it saying that because we didn't know which box it was supposed to be in then they could not compensate us for it. Claims department never answers phone calls or e-mail. Managers are no help either they just say they will transfer you. They only sent one guy to pack a 1800 sq/ft house who didn't finish until the next day when they were supposed to be loading the truck. Asked for more people to be sent over to help pack but never saw anyone else. Upon delivery they did not explain the paperwork to my wife and were rude. They destroyed my brand new hardwood floors but still refuse to pay for the damage because we didn't write it on our paperwork, but we couldn't have known the floors were damaged because they were filled with boxes! Will never use a United affiliated company again. Go with Allied they are a much better ran company who actually cares.
The Worst Moving Company EVER! – I have done over 20 long distance moves...this was by far the worst! They came late...they broke or damaged much of my belongings...and they did not follow through with fixing the issues...they are the worst!!! They could not have made me less happy if they tried!
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY – Do not trust this company. They have hired Donald D. Hindman as their executive vice president. This man is responsible for destroying Clark National, Inc., leaving vendors in the lurch and unpaid, not to mention his former employees and their families. He is a despicable man who I would never do business with again.
GREAT MOVE!!! – I moved within the Denver area from an apartment to my first home. A friend had used Johnson so I decided to do so also. I was so happy that I did. They came on time and finished the job in less time than was quoted. I was glad because my cost was less. The crew was nice and helpful (this was not an easy move). I would recommend them to my friends and family.
Best Move Ever! – I have had the need to move 4 times in the last 10 years and this was the best move imaginable. Everyone was very helpful. I moved locally this time and since Johnson United brought me to Denver I thought I would use them again locally and I could not be happier with the results. I highly recommend them. Thanks,
Professional, On Time, Efficient Movers! – My wife and I chose Johnson to move us from CA to Denver amd could not be happier. First, the communication was great:L Scott, the truck driver, is the nicest guy and was in touch with me on the cell phone prior to picking up our stuff and prior to delivering it so we were were not in the dark as to what was going on. His team of help to pack and move items was great. First class operation, no ripoff on the weight ticket (my move actually came in below weight by a bit). Not the cheapest I found, but all of our stuff is here in one piece. We will definitely use Johnson the next time we move.
Editorial Review – Offering packing materials, storage soulutions and moving services for local or long-distance commercial and residential clients.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Johnson Storage & Moving Co on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.