Dentists >Austin Steven DDS
16 Ford Rd, Carmel Valley, CA | Directions 9392436.484432 -121.736481
Moved to town about two years ago and was referred to Dr Austin by a friend who is an engineer. Since that time I have been to the office 4 times, twice for cleaning, and twice for crowns. Each time the assistant who did the cleaning was thorough, fast and pleasant. But the crown work was amazing. As a professional myself, I am leary of having procedures of any type. However, Dr Austin was very skilled, explained the procedure details thoroughly, including why he chose the options he did. In each case the procedure was virtually painless. During the second crown placement I managed to listen the entire time to a business related conference call I had to attend, and I didn't miss a beat. The discomfort I experienced was no worse than a vigorous flossing.
Wow! Been going to Dr. Steve Ausin's office for about a year. Really like the professionalism and confidence that the office exudes. Just had my teeth cleaned by hygenist Susan and wow. I am 51 and have never had a better cleaning and I am not the easiest patient. Also a bonus is the beautiful windows that Dr. Austin himself has created - water fountains etc.
Evaluating Dr. Steve Austin, Carmel Valley, CA
I love my job of being a patient in the dentist’s chair. I don’t have to have any technical skill or professional experience at all. I don’t have to keep up on the latest treatments, techniques, equipment, medications, or products. I don’t have to meet with dozens of patients every day, some of whom are anxious, neglectful, and/or demanding. I don’t have to constantly monitor the well being of the patient who is sometimes a stranger to me. I don’t have to justify to the patient’s satisfaction whatever work needs to be initiated as soon as possible or make referrals and/or recommendations for procedures that might be expensive. I don’t need to explain how the results of today’s visit are objectively based on the time since the last dental exam, the patient’s age, their current state of general health and more specific dental health. I do know that today’s exam results do not necessarily duplicate any other experiences the patient might have had in the past.
I have respect for and confidence in my particular dentist because he has a gift for expertly doing all of the above while remaining cheerful, even on days when I know he must be at least as tired as I am. In the more than 20 years that I have spent in the dental chair of Dr. Steve Austin, he has never failed to seem genuinely glad to see me.
Again, I am not the dentist, he is. My trust in him has been reinforced again and again. I have always been more than satisfied with his dental services and interactions with his staff. I am not alone in this assessment. Dr. Steve Austin was voted the Best Dentist by the readers of Monterey County Weekly in 2011.
I love this dentist and the office staff! – I have been going to Steve Austin as a dentist for over ten years and have had no issues what so ever! My daughter and I have had extensive work done as well as yearly cleaning with no problems. This past year Steve Austin was nominated by the local newspaper The Pine Cone as the Number One Dentist for 2011! The staff is over the top friendly and helpful as well as professional. Meredith Manhard
DONT USE THIS DENTIST – I wish we had read this review proir to using this dentist. After the 1st visit he told my wife she needed 5 cavities filled (she has never had 5 cavities in her life) she went in for her fillings and called me in tears because Steven Austin was aggressive, demeaning, derogatory, and completely unprofessional towards her during the entire procedure.
I called the office to voice my concern and I doubt I'll get a return call. Please DO NOT USE THIS HACK. I think he is taking lessions from the Wrestler, 'Stonecold' Steve Austin not from anyone who knows how to deal with people
The worst dentist I've been to in my life – I see the other two reviews are from 2006, and over a year ago in 4/2010. This is based on current experience. My work was over $2K including cleaning. I've had this same work done previously by two other dentist prior to relocating to Carmel. Both times the ceramic/resin fills lasted over 5 years--both past experiences with other dentists were excellent with perfect outcomes. This was the polar opposite.
1)Austin tried to push other treatments on me despite my saying I didn't want to do anything complex now. Just wanted to replace the resin fills.
2) He had BOTH his assistant (2 calls) and his wife (1 call) contact me at home over the weekend to tell me to read his email. This was disruptive and upsetting.
3) His email was a very lengthly recommendation to do complex work that I specifically said I did not want to discuss--nor would I even consider doing. Both of my parents and my brother recently died, and I was injured and just wanted to do what was necessary. VERY DISRESPECTFUL OF MY EXPRESSED INTENTIONS.
4) I'd already paid for the treatment I'd requested in good faith, and in advance. Otherwise, based on the email and phone calls I would have cancelled the treatment appointment immediately. I thought just suck it up, get it done, and never go back there.
4) During the treatment HE NEVER SHUT UP asking himself questions in the 3rd person and answering them himself. That along with the cheap Musax overhead and the very loud women working at the front desk, made me a nervous wreck.
5) He kept drinking a pink-red drink out of the large glass container off a blender-. HIGHLY unprofessional. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN A MEDICAL DR OR DENTIST REPEATEDLY EAT/DRINK DURING A TREATMENT.
6) The work he did that other dentists performed and which lasted 5 years--he said would last 1 year--I was OK with that. THE FILLINGS FAILED IN UNDER 5 MONTHS.
7) I wrote that I wanted to be reimbursed for this failed work. He ignored it.
8) I went to another Dentist who was (or is) a member of the Ethics committee of the Dental Society and he said this amount should be reimbursed--that the filings should have lasted '5-10' years. He made the repairs -quickly-painlessly-professionally. I was extremely happy with HIS work (the 2nd dentist, NOT Austin). Naturally, I had to pay again. This Dentist said he'd call Austin and say he should reimburse me.
9) I've contacted an attorney and if this unethical, unprofessional Steve Austin DOES NOT reimburse me for his terrible work--then I will be suing.
There are too many good dentists around too put up with this kind of shoddy behavior.
I have NEVER had ANY WORK done by ANY dentist in my entire life that was so upsetting, unnerving and horribly done. I would never recommend him to anyone.
DR. Steve D. Austin IS AMAZING! – Dr Steve Austin of Carmel Valley is the most amazing dentist I have ever come across! I drive an hr and half to this beautiful place just because he is so awesome. I have been his patient for 11 years now, I hope not to ever search for another dentist, and fear if he ever retires. He is all about pain free, he is experienced and knowledgeable, up to date equipment. small office and family style office which makes for a feel good experience! He is very understanding. I have never liked going to the dentist, because of past experience with pain... I never fear going to the dentist now. Plus it is a great reason to drive out to Carmel Valley and spend a wonderful beautiful day away from home. It's like a mini day vacation!
Thank you Dr Austin!
I am very Loyal to this Dr.
Best people, best custom service, best prices in the Monterey County – The people were wonderful and I was treated so well that I felt like their top priority. The dentist, Dr. Steve Austin, was absolutely exceptional and created a very personal, friendly, and at-home ambience that instantly put me at ease. I had been afraid of other dentists around the area because of previous bad experiences in the distant past but Dr. Steve Austin and his very competent and friendly staff welcomed me into their office as a friend and patient. I recommend this dentist to all who are seeking a good and honest check-up. It is well worth the gas money into Carmel Valley.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Austin Steven DDS on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.