Queens >Restaurants >
Pizza >Gino's Of Kissena Pizzeria & Restaurant
6501 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY | Directions 1136740.736897 -73.814275
Sun 11am-10pm; Mon 10am-11pm; Tue 10am-11pm; Wed 10am-11pm; Thu 10am-11pm; Fri 10am-11pm; Sat 10am-11pm
Neighborhoods: Kew Garden Hills
Nice place – Recently moving into the neighborhood, my girlfriend and I went to go and try out the pizza, since the place looked really nice and busy. The pizza is actually not too great, but the salads are amazing, so my girlfriend says, and the pasta is pretty good! its an average pizzeria, I would recommend it.
Pizza not so great, pasta good – I live very close to this joint, its very close to Queens college so they're do pretty well for themselves (I assume). However having ordered from them several times and tried various things I have come to the following conclusions.
1. Pizza is not a great quality, the mozzarella they use is kind of gross and they don't use enough tomato sauce, so it comes out dry. If that's not enough they don't cook the pizza long enough so its a floppy uncooked doughy mess that's far from appetizing. I order because I order the family meal or get a craving and forget how awful the pizza is.
2. The pasta, especially the penne alla vodka with chicken is very good. That is the only pasta is I've tried so its the only one I can comment on.
3. The heros, I've gotten the chicken parmigan hero which is very tasty, but its a basic hero, you can't really go wrong with that.
4. Arancini, I was introduced to this dish through food networks Giada Laurentis from Everyday Italian. After making it at home I've fallen in love with it. Its the best thing you can make and kids will love it (not that I have any.. I just know I would have when i was a kid). The ones they make here are good, not as good as when I make them but ok enough that I'd order them every now and then.
5. The Salad, the gino's special salad is the best salad, i love it, its fresh, has yummy olives and the tastiest dressing. I don't care if its a bottled italian, however they put it together, its great!
Overall a great restaurant, not so much for pizza, which is surprising, because that's the easiest part.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Gino's Of Kissena Pizzeria & Restaurant on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.