536 Bay Rd Ste 2, Queensbury, NY | Directions 1280443.345828 -73.654595
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 5pm;Sat. - Sun. CLOSED
Baybrook Townhouses – The presence of hold lease addendum in Schermerchorn lease agreement clearly indicate that Schermerchorn Residental Holdings, LP are aware of occurrence and growth of mold on it's premises. Schemerchorn management require residents to remove mold growth with household cleaning solutions and if mold growth persist after resident has tried several times !!! to remove it than resident shall notify managment. However landlord fails to inform tenant about healyh hazards included with mold removal in accordance with the rules and regulations of BOARD OF HEALTH. Tenant has right to know about the hazard he is exposed, lanlord should make tenant aware of hazards and provide with information about hazard tenant may ancounter. Mold growth which occure in our apartment inside closet the second floor as a resault of poor wall insulation, falling out windows, cold temperature of the floor coming from unheated foyer downstairs and improper ventilation due to wrong type of door install cause my wife to become ill and as result of it she was rushed to emergency and hospitalized. The cost of emergency services at Glens Falls Hospital was $ 1,087.13.
My writen request for reimbursement has been denied by Schemerchorn Real Estate Holdings based on the facts that the lease addendum relating to the mold clearly indicates that the tenant is responsible for taking protective measures to avoid situations that may create mold??? Schemerchorn managment, inc. considering this to be the final resolution to this issue.
Rude, greedy, can't wait to move!!! – We are very picky people when it comes to our living quarters. After selling our home, we looked high and low to find a "nice" place to rent in Queensbury. From the outside, Schermerhorn rentals look very nice. Don't let this fool you. These people are the WORST when it comes to dealing with them. I asked for an additional towel bar to be installed in the bathroom (since there were 3 living here) and they said it would cost $100.00 for them to put one in. REALLY????? For a towel bar? So I ended up going to the store and getting one of my own. Then, I was cleaning the blinds in the bedroom and one of the slats broke. Mind you these blinds haven't been changed in years! (although they claim they change them often) I called and requested a new blind, I would install it, and they said since I broke it then I have to pay for another for $3.00 at a local store OR they would get it and charge me $15.00. I said "but it's your blind" and they replied yea but you broke it. Here I am trying to upkeep the apartment and they make me pay for their blind. Next, if you have a barking dog that bothers you, you may as well put up with it or move out. I filed a complaint 3 times with the rude office staff and they pretty much told me that since the dog was old and the owner of the dog was old there was nothing they could do about it. Really??? This dog barks at 10:30, 11:30 at night and 6 AM. So much for my sleep. The windows are paper thin so if your bedroom is in the front of the apartment you can FORGET about sleeping!!! You can hear all conversations, cars start, people walking, doors slamming and everything else. I agree with the previous reviewer...I have no idea how they ever passed code with these places. Also, beware cause in the winter months the pipes can freeze!!! I've heard on multiple occasions that the pipes freeze and burst. Good luck getting them to replace your furniture that has been damaged. The appliances are CHEAP, the dishwasher sounds like a lawnmower when it runs, the fridge is so small I'm not sure how a family could possibly use it, and the carpets are stained and super cheap. They will look for anything to keep your deposit so when I leave you can bet I will photo everything. Also, the kids run wild in here leaving their toys in your space and they have no respect for anyone else's area. We have found them playing in our driveway between our cars with their bikes. Parents just let them run wild. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. I would never rent from these people ever again. The price they are charging is robbery for what you get. The lease is written to ONLY protect them and you are screwed out of everything. When you go put in a complaint they practically throw you out because they don't want to hear it. The office staff are terribly rude. I think you get the point. Rent elsewhere!!
Do NOT rent here. – First, I really wish I had seen these reviews before I rented here. It would have saved me a lot of hatred of my own home and the want to move every single day.
Now, on to the review. I am a current tenant. I have only lived in these apartments for two months. I already hate it.
*I'd written out a detailed description of how rude their office staff is having accused me of keeping equipment I didn't have with no apology or even call back once they found they were wrong. It made this review too long so suffice it say.. the staff is horrendous and there must be a serious case of nepotism going on here for these crass people to still have jobs. Following are my issues:
1. These are in no way luxury apartments. No trash compactor, no garage door opener, window screens are locked into place so you can't even remove them to knock down icicles or clear snow off your entryway roofs (services that they should do but aren't done... serious safety hazard). Are they scared I will jump? And isn't this against fire code?
2. Amen to shoddy building standards. I have no idea how these apartments are up to code. I couldn't even put a baby gate up at the bottom of my stairs because the walls are bowed outward as they go up... which doesn't strike me as very safe structurally. There is a one inch gap between the front door and the front door frame... so cold air literally blows in (yet I'm not allowed to add anything that sticks to any part of the structure so applying my own weather-proofing tape is out or I lose my deposit).
3. None of the requested pre-move-in maintenance was accomplished. The house was filthy upon move-in... there was even a half-drank bottle of gatorade in the refrigerator, a full ashtray, dirty cleaning rags and some miscellaneous parts left on the back patio.
4. Their rules are so restrictive that there is no way you'll get your security deposit back. No smoking inside (which I don't anyway but still... If I'm paying for a place... I should be able to do what I want). Nothing on the walls without prior approval (WHAT?!). The walls are all painted with flat paint so walking by them leaves marks. And yet, I can't even paint them the same color with a latex so my house doesn't look like I have grubby children running around all the time. They also apparently only do a one coat cover-up as washing any marks strips the top layer of paint off (who uses flat paint in an apartment?!).
5. The heating and water systems are horrible. Forget about more than two showers or a shower and dishwasher run in less than 2-3 hours... in a three-bedroom townhome where you can reasonably expect four people... this is unacceptable. I have to keep my heat on 75 just to get the bedrooms upstairs to a temperature that my children aren't freezing. On really cold nights we all sleep in the living room. And yes, I've checked... all the vents are open fully... it's just an example how poorly the house is made.
6. When I moved in I requested and was approved a grace period for payment (I get paid on the third and have my rent set up to be automatically paid on that date with my debit card). I'd also asked about this prior to ever moving in or signing the lease as I didn't want late fees every month. I was told that they would adjust my due date and I'd just pay a pro-rated amount when I first moved in (which I did). Except month one I received a notice that I owed them $35 for being late on my rent. Again... What?! So far, no one has returned my call on this. Surprise, surprise.
Okay, I could go on and on... and this is only in the first two months of living here. I really can't wait to move but now I'm trapped in a lease.
Just go elsewhere...
Don't Ruin Your Life by Moving to ANY Schermerhorn Property – I lived at Springbrook Way for 3 years. It was the worst experience of my life! I've lived in several apartments throughout New York State, and no other apartments are as badly run as Schermerhorn apts! The building construction is terrible. I had a light with a switch outside my apartment that was wired to someone else's switch!! My neighbors would constantly turn on MY LIGHT! They violated the Renter's Bill of Rights several times. They do not give you a 5 day grace period, charging you 35 dollars every time you are paying on the second (even if the first is a Sunday). The grace period is mandated by NYS. They also won't let you put dead bolt on your door (supplying them with a key of course). This too, is in the Renter's Bill of Rights. On top of all of this, they expect you to pay to have the carpets cleaned upon your vacating the apt. Who ever heard of that?! They are totally outrageous, and have no regard for the rules and regulations of renting in NYS!
My neighbor's were constantly giving me a hard time over the parking spaces outside (which were unassigned, they usually are every where). They wouldn't ask the neighbors to back off... even when they parked me in one time for no reason. I had to call the cops on them, over a parking spot. Management didn't seem to care. I was getting married, and the neighbors kicked my gifts down the stairs. Again, no remorse from the rental office. Terrible people! The least they could have done was offer me a different apartment. Good thing my wife made me move ASAP ;)!
I would really prefer to rate them negative 5.
SCHERMERHORN QUEENSBURY NY – Schermerhorn will hassle you as much as possible. Their over priced apartments are a joke. Sure they're nice but the price your paying, you could have a whole house. You can get a reasonably priced apartment if you're willing to live in SCUMBAG VILL otherwise known as Hudson Falls with them. They call the Pet fee a "DEPOSIT"... which is a lie because you normally get a deposit back... this on the otherhand is nonrefundable. I bet they call it a "deposit" so they don't have to claim it on their taxes or something . They want that "deposit" and if they find ANYTHING wrong with the apt do you think the cost comes out of the 500? nonono... it comes out of your security deposit. Even if the damage is pet related. Can we say SCAMERHORN???? Mr. Schermerhorn isn't even allowed to rent at the Glens Falls Uhaul because of his blatent disreguard for the company's policys. Although the mgr of the GF Uhaul is a major jerk off! So I can understand where these 2 butted heads!
Also I agree with the previous post... Mr. Schermerhorn is CHEAP!!!! No recycling! and he WILL keep your deposit. We are video taping a photographing the hell outta of this place when we move out!
Horrible Quality! – The apartments look great when you first move in and they all have wonderful backyards, BUT run away as fast as you can!!! Mr. Schemerhorn is extremly greedy and cheap! First off, there is NO recycling bin at all. Secondly, the screens falls apart, the carpets fall apart, the electrical is faulty and there are ANTS!! Cheap, cheap, cheap!!!!!!!!!!! Then he NEVER gives deposit back and over charges an arm and a leg!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Schermerhorn Rental on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.