899 Longacre Dr, St Louis, MO | Directions 6313238.666833 -90.359246
Neighborhoods: University City, Saint Louis
Honest Review – will start with the Good and go from there: (1) The locations is good (2) The price is fairly Low.
Now for the bad:
(1) The place has not been remodled since it was made. The sample they show you is pretty nice but the actual units are not so much. There are so many layers of paint that the door frames are smoothed over. The walls are scattered with patch spots that there was not even an attempt to blend in.
(2) The parking is bad. I had two famlies of Mexicans living in the building next to me the one had 8 adults in a two bedroom apt, and the other had 6. Almost everyone of them had cars, so I had to park far away (5 min walk).
(3) Matinence did come pretty quick, but that is where it stops. We had a leak in the pipe in the wall, and when they fixed they ripped out the wall, and had to remove the toilet. It took them two weeks to patch the hole in the wall, and 6 weeks to mud and paint it. When they were finished it looked really bad.
(4) They will charge you every fee possible, and take your deposit. My wife and I lived there for three years, and when we moved in the carpet looked clean, but it was matted down in traffic areas, as carpet gets aftera few years of use. We lived there for three years, and the traffic pattern got significantly worse, but as you would expect after three years after the traffic patterns had begun to form. They not only kept our deposit, but charged us for brand new carpet. I tried negotiating with them to only have to pay the depreciated amount, but they refused. In all it costed me almost $3,000 to move out.
(5) The windows were old and you could feel the cold airblowing right through them. We moved to a 2800 square ft house, three times the size, and our utilities are around the same price.
(6) The price is fairly low, but wen calculated per sqft, it isn't really all that inexpensive considering what I mentioned above.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Villages of Wincrest on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.