Chicago >Food & Dining > Fireside Restaurant & Lounge
5739 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL | Directions 6066041.985636 -87.674813
Mon-Fri 11am-4am Sat 11am-5am Sun 10am-4am
Neighborhoods: Edgewater, Far North Side
Welcome to Fireside Restuarant & Lounge, Chicago's #1 Restaurant for late night delivery of food, beer, wine & cigarettes. We offer a menu with over 60 items to choose from and our kitchen is open until 3am daily! Our house specialties include our famous blackened catfish, vegetarian stir-fry or try our smoked BBQ Ribs. We also offer the most extensive selection of microbrews, drafts and bottled beers, not to mention your favorite cocktails, frozen drinks and single malt scotch. Join us for our weekly lunch or dinner specials in our dining room with a fireplace or sports lounge. Also serving Brunch on Saturday & Sunday with a build-your-own bloody mary bar. 180 Ingredients to choose from. Looking to throw a private party? We have a multi-leveled patio that is heated and enclosed in the cold months, with a retractable awning in the summer.
Come from Evanston, the North or South Side and this will feel like your neighborhood joint. Bomb diggity patio with really strange but excellent choices for food.
GREAT PATIO GREAT FOOD – Fireside is one of those places that always pulls me back. I agree so much with the previous reviewer because there are so many great things about this classic place.
1. free parking...they have the lot thats open all night and ravenswood seems to always have a spot for me when I pull up.
2. the staff are friendly and fun. if you watch them work the seem to honestly be enjoying their job and being there (which for many of us I think we can say the opposite). they approach the table in a very relaxed way and treat you like a regular (if you want white table cloth service and people bowing down to you...this is NOT your place).
3. the atmosphere is one of the best things because if you sit down by yourself at the bar, everyone will talk to you. its like a giant family there full of staff, regulars and new comers (or returning patrons like myself). it has that old chicago bar feel to it with a quiet dining room, HUGE back patio and i guess a NEW street cafe (which I had beers and sun taned with friends on there other day).
4. the food...I love it. its casual and not that upscale crap that you over pay downtown for. its got great amercian food with influences of cajun spice and other wordly flavors. i love their weekly specials because they seem to try out new stuff each week. the other day I had this pasta dish on the specials with mushrooms, grilled onions and this AWSOME spicy vodka cream sauce. I love heat so I added some of thier blackened chicken breast to the dish and wow was my mouth and stomach happy...
5. finally...if you like beer or specality wines (that wont cost you $14 a glass) this is the place for you...they have over 200 beers and a 3 page wine list. there is something for everyone...and KUDOS for carrying "Dragons Milk" on of my most fave beers...
thanks Fireside its good to be back
Ten reasons to love Fireside Restaurant and Lounge – 10 REASONS TO LOVE FIRESIDE
There is plenty of parking and at night and weekends you can park in the lot next door.
2. LONG HOURS
Fireside has one of the few four o’clock licenses left in the city and they keep the kitchen open late.
FIRESIDE provides speedy delivery seven days a week . If you really are not up for any human contact, you can place your order online at the FIRESIDE website
4. HOME SWEET HOME
Many locals have made Fireside their home away from home. It truly is a public house. It’s like a second living room or a big enclosed front porch where your friends and neighbors stop by. You can just stop by knowing that someone will be there to share stories and trade gossip and maybe share a meal, snack or just friendly drink or two.
The patio is open year round. It is large and comfortable in any weather because it is covered and heated. It can be back yard comfortable or dressed up for a special occasion like a wedding or a private party
There is an extensive menu for everything and they keep updating the choices . If all the menus were bound together in one book it would weigh in like the yellow pages
• Beer – ever changing line up of craft beers as well as all the standard favorites in bottles and on tap
• Wine List – varied selection of domestic and imported wines
• Kids – inexpensive menu with all the things kids eat
• Brunch – 150 ingredient “Build Your Own” Bloody Mary bar
• Lunch – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, weekly hot plate specials, homemade soups
• Dinner – starters, pastas, ribs, sandwiches, ribs, seafood
• Pizza – thin crust with lots of options and specialty pizzas
• Appetizers – standards and varied weekly choices
• Weekly Specials – lunch, appetizers and dinner
• Desserts – homemade apple pie, chocolate pie and changing special desserts
• Catering Events are hosted on site or they can deliver
Yes, there is a real, wood burning fireplace in the serene and cozy dining room
8. FRIENDLY BAR
The bar bustles and the bartenders are “small town” friendly. There are darts, TVs and a great juke box. You can come here to watch a game or just read the newspaper or check your email with the free Wi Fi
9. PROMOTIONS, PROMOTIONS, PROMOTIONS
• Half priced bottles of wine on Tuesdays
• Half priced appetizers on Wednesdays
• Complimentary appetizer buffet on Friday after work from about 4 to 7pm
• “Build Your Own” Bloody Mary Bar and Weekend Brunch
• Specials and promotions for every imaginable season and event
10. EVERYBODY BELONGS TO THIS FAMILY. I’m not sure about Hoosiers and Michiganders; but so far, I have not come across any native Chicagoans who have not had some contact with the FIRESIDE.
It’s probably because they have been open for such a long time (since 1904) and they do a bit of everything. . It is not unusual for entire families (3 or 4 generations) to meet at Fireside for lunch, dinner or brunch.
Opened in 1904 as the Fireside Inn, they used to rent the upstairs rooms to families who came on the train to bury their loved ones at Rosehill Cemetery and the local farmers and merchants traveling between the farms and the markets in the city.
FIRESIDE is a Chicago institution that makes you happy and proud to be a Chicagoan
1. Friends and Family Program is not a priority with the staff or the customers. It has a long list of qualifications and rules.
2. All the breads are uninspired. The house made bread is pasty tasting and the quality of buns and breads for the sandwiches is poor.
3. Bottle beer cooler doesn’t keep the Heineken very cold
excellent pizza shop – Pizza was hot and tasty. I love to visit there again and again.
LOVE the late night Dining Option – Best thing about this place is that they deliver and are open late on a daily basis!! I've done both and have no complaints. I didn't know until I read on here that they delivered beer and wine late as well, and if you really want cigarettes too. Greatness!
Their pasta dishes are my favorite as well as the smoked bbq.
If you go on the weekends I must tell you it gets really busy. I love the options of atmosphere changes you can chose from. Bar scene, indoor fireplace patio, restaurant. Highly recommend if you have not tried.
Love it. – Great atmosphere. Friendly staff. Good food and they deliver!!
Great Affordable Restaurant – I am a huge fan of The Fireside Restaurant. Parking and seating at the restaurant are good and I LOVE the Blackened Cajan Chicken pasta. Prices are also very reasonable.
Great seafood!!!!!!!!! – My first visit to the Fireside was about a month ago. I similar to the previous gentlemen also got the catfish, which I found to be extraordinary!!!!!! I also found that it did not come with tartar sauce, but after a few bites I came to realize that it really did not call for it. The catfish was tender, juicy and just rightly seasoned.
As for the the staff, the waiters are incredible and even the managers have stopped by my table to assure that everything was going OK.. I will definitely be back and have received a few kudos from those of my friends who have visited.
A big disappointment – I had heard good things about this place had even seen a local commercial. The sevice was ok, the waitstaff that is...I ordered the catfish (over seassoned). When I got the bill they had charged me .75 cents for tartar sauce. I asked my waiter about this charge and was told that this was a automatic charge, I asked to see the manager. When the manager came over he told me there was nothing he could do. Now don't you think that if a customer asked to see management regarding such a charge they would just take it off the bill., not this guy.
He could have just has well said deal with it and then walked away. I will never go back to this restaurant and will tell as many people about my experience as possible.
Nice place. Bad chicken. – I ordered the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. In the darkness of the patio, it looked okay. I wasn't sure, but thought it may be a little off. Indeed it was undercooked (still pink in the middle). I knew it for sure after one bite. The texture was off and the inside was barely warm. I removed the bite I had taken from my mouth and returned it to the plate. When the server returned to our table about five minutes later, I told him of the problem. After he asked me a few questions on how I knew it was not cooked fully and confirmed that I did not want it replaced, he took the plate back to the kitchen with his apologies.
I called the restaurant later that evening, and talked to man who apologized, took my information, and told me the owner would be calling me back the next day. That day came and went without a call. I called the next day and talked to a manager who told me matter-of-factly that in sixteen years of working there she had never heard of anyone getting undercooked chicken from their kitchen. This struck me as slightly odd since another friend of mine, who orders delivery from Fireside on a regular basis, was expelling liquid from both ends for a week after he recently ate one of their Cajun Chicken Sandwiches, and had called in previously as well speaking to a gentleman who didn't seem to care but told him that the information would be told to the manager.
The manager apologized, took my information, and said that she would pass it on to the owner who would then call me back. It is now three days later and I have not received a call.
I didn't want or expect anything free or such from the restaurant for my problem, but I certainly would have appreciated a returned phone call.
Nice atmosphere and service, got sick – Heard many a good thing about The Fireside. Overall the service was really nice, nice feel with the fireplace in the dinning area and the bar looked like it would be fun. My wife, mother in law and I all shared a common appitizer and were sick for a few days. A bummer considering the staff and athmosphere. Similar experience was had by a co-worker.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Fireside Restaurant & Lounge on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.