Chicago >Transportation & Storage > B & P Movers Incorporated
2834 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL | Directions 6064741.924769 -87.698923
Neighborhoods: Logan Square, North Side
HORRENDOUS!!!! DO NOT USE BP MOVERS! – Thousands of dollars of damaged furniture. They literally dropped and smashed things beyond repair, destroyed my $4000 hutch, ruined a $5000 sofa, damaged my $5000 dining room set, and crammed original artwork (that was supposed to be placed in boxes that I paid for) unwrapped in between garden tools! There are two many examples to list. Bill, the owner, missed two appointments to review the damage and has repeatedly failed to send the claim forms.
While Bill is horrible to clients, his crew will tell you that he is even worse to his employees (although I don't see how Bill could be any less pleasant than he was to me). As a result, he has a group of miserable movers who hate their jobs and do a crappy job. Movers who can get better jobs would not stay with Bill. Some of his better movers have worked with him multiple times, only coming back when they cannot find a "real" job. Why not just hire a company with movers who can keep a real job!?!
Don't be fooled by the low hourly rate! They more than make up for the low hourly rate by resting half of the team while the other half works. Double the hourly rate when comparing prices.
With they way treat their customers, even if they did not damage furniture and overcharge, why hire people to treat you poorly?!?
Terrible experience with BP Movers – Similar experience to the review below.. Moved this summer and hired BP since friends who were also moving hired them (without prior experience). Absolutely terrible move, although two of the three movers were friendly and apologetic. My problems were:
1) I was quoted 3 hrs of time to move my gf and my own furniture etc into our 2 bedroom apt. Ended up paying for 6! hours of moving.
2) Movers were 5 hours late.. booked from 1-4. Ended up moving all damn night. After moving all day from 8:30am, I thought the guys were going to drop dead.
3) One of the guys was DRUNK, SWEARING, and SHOUTING in my apartment and in the hallway. After he FELL DOWN carrying way more boxes than he should have, breaking my stuff, the other guys kicked him off the job.
No response or compensation from BP based on my complaints direct to the manager, Bill. AVOID like the plague.
Worst moving experience ever – Let's compile a list of problems:
1) They arrived 1 hour late and blamed that on problems going south on 90/94 (because that's a surprise 3 months after construction started?!)
2) It took them twice as long (with 150% the number of people) to move my apartment than in any of my 4 previous moves
3) They had more excuses than I have hairs on my head (including having to share an elevator which my building confirmed was untrue ... the elevator was exclusively theirs for the duration of the move)
4) They were very very rude; upon receiving a tip (which was generous, IMO) they complained about the amount
5) I was quoted, twice, a transportation fee of $60. I lived in Hyde Park and know that many people consider that "outside the city". I confirmed the quote (again, twice ... so for those of you counting, that's *4* times I heard the number $60). When the movers showed up, they charged $120 in transportation because I was on the South side.
6) When I called to complain I was told that I "had a hearing problem" and that I had been told explicitly that any location south of Madison incurred the $120 fee. Believe me, i would NOT have missed that fact. In addition, NO effort was made to rectify the situation (they did not refund the extra $60, no apologies about the late arrival, no apologies for the attitudes of the movers). In fact, the woman I spoke with (who is the only one I've ever been able to reach there) told me "I'm not in charge of the movers".
7) They refused to dis-assemble anything (bed, table, etc.). Every mover I've ever had has done that quickly and gladly. They've also done re-assembly. Not these guys.
Absolutely AWFUL experience. Don't use them. EVER!
BP Movers did great - 2 times! – Used BP Movers 2x in past 5yrs. Both times, great service. No hidden costs or surprises. 1st time they came in under the estimate. On time both times, courteous, hard working crew. I can't say one bad thing. Highly recommend.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of B & P Movers Incorporated on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.