210 SE 131ST Ave, Vancouver, WA | Directions 9868345.619160 -122.538016
Worst Credit Union – This is the worst credit union ever. Their slogan "Making life better" is a joke. The only thing they care about is their profit They use draconian and predatory practices if you are just a day or two late on a loan payment. In hard times you'd think they would be more understanding than the big banks, but they're not. They take more people to court to collect small loans than even Chase, Wells Fargo or Bank of America. I'm not the only one who thinks this credit union sucks. See recent articles in the local Vancouver paper.
5 Reasons NOT to Use Columbia Credit Union – After a month of headache after headache, here are 5 reasons I’ve discovered NOT to use Columbia Credit Union
1) If you have a business and personal account, you can’t transfer fund electronically between them. They are also on different webs servers, so you can’t even see them at the same time online either.
2) They put a suffix of 2 numbers at the end of every account, but they don’t tell you this, and it’s not obvious on your online statement. The sounds like a small issue, until you try setting up auto pays and find that your “base” account number really isn’t your full account#, and it costs you $100 in back charges because the auto pays don’t go through.
3) When you call customer service, even AFTER they verify your identity, and AFTER you give them your “base” account number, they still can’t tell what any of these mysterious 2-number suffixes are. You have drive to a bank to get this information, which for me is 50 miles round trip.
4) You can’t take a person off an account (like and ex-wife or child) without closing it and opening a new account. This took 4 different bank mangers and 5 weeks to confirm, even though I verified they have a written policy of doing it, and even a form to do it. They just don’t “like” to do it.
5) The bank doesn’t accept automatic electronic verification, so signing up for service like PayPal is next to impossible.
This bank is still living in the dark ages. You may want to try IQ or some other credit union…
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Columbia Credit Union on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.