256 Park Ave, Worcester, MA | Directions 0160942.264671 -71.819329
Mon. - Sat. 11:30am - 2:30pm;Sun. CLOSED
Neighborhoods: Newton Square
Terrible – I love Middle Eastern food! Grew up in London eating Lebanese food in Queensway with my friends from Kuwait. When we decided to visit El Basha, I was so excited. The restaurant looks lovely and that is where the good experience ended. The hostess was loud and the service was bad. They did not have one Lebanese beer or wine on the menu. I could live with that if the food was good, but the food was BLAND. I thought this was going to be Lebanese food...hmmm...not even close. What a huge disappointment with a high price tag. Live and learn I guess, but I will never go back!
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!! – 3. We ordered "Kibbeh" as appetizer - bland - they changed it and gave us falafel - was cold but me and my husband were hungry - so we ate.
4. The complimentary pita was cold and when asked we were told they are supposed to be so.
5. We ordered the mixed grill entree (dunt rmmbr the name) - with chicken, beef, and lamb, rice and veggies
6. Lamb was dry, Chicken was so-so, Beef ones were good, Rice was "Uncle Ben's" rice - totally tasteless.
7. As for the veggies, we had 2 pieces of onions and 2 of green bell peppers (burnt on one side)
8. Obviously we didnt finish the food - ordered dessert - by now, the approach was - there has gotta be something good here!
9. Baklava - 1 bite each and we were done - tasted like SOAP (no kiddin!)
10. We paid and asked to speak with the manager.
11. Note: Usually I tend to get pretty upset with bad food - but for some odd reason, I was relaxed and just wanted to let them know what we felt.
12. Pls note - we paid and tipped and mentioned that the service was good - so the idea was NOT to get refund.
13. The manager did not come out - so we told the server.
14. As luck has it, we were stepping out and the owner (John) came.
15. So, we were polite (close to the exit door so that the customers do not listen to what we say) and we tell him the food was not very good.
16. Next what happens is a once in blue moon thing - the guy tells us he has been in business for 15 yrs and he should charge us for 2 appetizers.
17. We said we do not want the money or anything - we just want to let you know..
18. He was NOT ready to take criticism and basically told us that he has never had a customer say that to him.
19. I said was in Libya for 11 yrs and I have had Kababs all my life?He says ? Libyans dunt know what Kababs are!
20. And he told us NOT to come back to his restaurant - pretty much yelling at us.
Wonderful – Warm, inviting atmosphere, great staff....WODERFUL food...all at an awesome price!!
Try their mezza platter(choice of 4 appetizers) for 20 bucks shared as a meal...add a salad and you're stuffed beyond belief. This is a definite must try!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of El-Basha on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.