1616 E Wooster St, Bowling Green, OH | Directions 4340241.374379 -83.622850
Sushi in NW Ohio? That's right and it beats the socks off of most in the big city! – What can I say! I adore this restaurant! The atmosphere is so relaxing and calm. The food is outstanding. ?Some? of the waiters are so attentive and nice you just want to smile. The only drawback is the price. It takes nothing to spend thirty dollars on your self. It?s all moderation, but when you have great sushi and the calm atmosphere, I just cant stop my self. If you have more control than I and you like sushi. I would say this is the best place in the Toledo area. Give it a try and you wont regret it. Just make sure you have a few bucks for the tip!
Pleasant surprise to find good sushi in a small college town – Sushi was excellent. Very fresh, excellent taste, artful presentation. The miso soup very good and a bowl rather than the cup that many places serve. Octopus appetizer was interesting and excellent, with carrots (which I haven't seen before but it works) tasty and chewy but not rubbery. I like beer with sushi, they only have sake and rice wine. Had a sweet Korean wine which went well with the food but I missed the beer. I was in town to visit my son at BGSU, his rooommate had never had sushi, so he had a cooked meal and just tasted the sushi. His tempura was disappointing, thick batter coating more like budget fish sticks than tempura. The menu was very clear on which items were cooked, this was helpful for a guest who was not real comfortable with the idea of sushi.
Great sushi in NW Ohio – I've had really good sushi, but it's also usually really expensive sushi. Considering Uraku is locked in the middle of NW Ohio, the sushi served here is great about 75% of the time, and really good the other 25% of the time. Maki rolls average $5/roll, while sushi by the piece varies between $1 and $3.
I usually just carry out because they don't serve any beer in house, although they do serve sakis and wines.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Uraku Japanese Restaurant on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.