Brooklyn >Food & Dining > Bubby's
1 Main St, Brooklyn, NY | Directions 1120140.703775 -73.990552
Neighborhoods: Vinegar Hill
OMG! WTF!!! – Violations were cited in the following area(s).
1) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facilityâs food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
2) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
3) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
4) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
5) Food contact surface not properly maintained.
6) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
7) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
1) Current valid permit, registration or other authorization to operate establishment not available
DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE! – First of all, planning a wedding is hard enough but, one of, if not THE most important thing is to ensure that the reception food is delicious!
My fiance and I embarked on the arduous rite of passage of finding a reception venue for our wedding. After visiting many places, we stopped by Bubby's .
The prices are reasonable, the space was great-fun, big, two-levels with sweeping views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. We thought, great, let's have a tasting and then we can book the place. Here's the rub:
BUBBY'S ONLY OFFERS TASTINGS FOR WEDDING MENU ITEMS AFTER YOU PUT DOWN YOUR NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. We thought that was insane so, after a lot of back and forth we were able to secure an ENTREE tasting at a fee where we could sample entrees only from the wedding catering menu.
So, with fiance and father (he'll eat anything) in tow, we headed to Bubby's on a rainy Friday after work.
Once there, our waiter started bringing us the entree items one by one. The presentation was less than impressive with the food slapped in the center of the plate-no garnish, no sides...
First up: veggie lasagna
Review: had to be frozen. was cookie cutter lasagna, watery and without flavor
Next up: pecan crusted salmon
Review: overly sweetened crust to mask the blandness of the cat food like underside.
The best of the three but, not good.
Don't get me wrong, the staff at Bubby's is really nice and the Brunch there is great BUT for something as important as your wedding-look elsewhere!
Great food! – Great food - had gazpacho and flank steak...so yummy. Corn pudding is so good - like a dessert. I will definitely go back.
Family-friendly brunch and barbecue--plus homemade pie--in Dumbo – Bubby's original Tribeca location succeeded because of its oversized space, comfy vibe and the general quality of the food. The Dumbo location is even bigger, more comfortable and busier. Just steps from a waterfront park overlooking Manhattan, the converted warehouse is bright and spacious, with three offset levels of dining areas visible from the entrance and bar area. Because it's a family joint, servers, hosts and bartenders all exude folksy charm, and even when service is stretched a bit thin, things tend to work out fine. As in its sister restaurant, fluffy sourdough pancakes, thick, eggy french toast, decent fried chicken, and first-class desserts are the biggest draws.
Decent Brunch...limited menu – I had good memories of the place in Tribeca. The brunch menu was pretty limited...don't put up pictures of your mac and cheese then not have it on the menu! Apple and bacon omellette...solid. Only two pies available for dessert. Lame. They made us wait around for a while though there were open tables...a little annoying. Not a bad consolation prize if the line at Grimaldi's is too long.
Cleaned up thier act! – After a shaky past few months, I'm proud that Bubby's has taken the neighborhood's cries seriously and has made marked improvements. It's finally back to being a place I want to recommend to my friends!
WOW – This Bubby's is fantastic. The food is comforting and delicious. The view from this location cannot be beat. You must see it for yourself as the sun sets.
WORSE EVERYTHING!!! – Food: terrible for the $
Service: the worse ever. expect a forever wait for crappy food
deco: sucked (full of old junk)
DO NOT GO THERE
Really good. Sweet service, great food, and worth the wait. – My wife and I had an excellent brunch there today. There were lots of kids running around and our waiter was very patient with us. My wife is pregnant and has specific things she can't eat. They were very busy. It is surprising that the reviewer felt the need to post what he sais was their last health inspection. I went on line and saw their lasdt inspection, whcih had zero violations. Knowing what is going on in New York right now with the department of health, it seems like over-zealousness to attack a perfectly great restaurant. Whatever, the place is clean, and good.
Cheese grits!!!!!!! – If you have ever been so hung over from a crazy Saturday night, and were in such desperate need of an amazing brunch!! Bubby's in Brooklyn is the place to be!!! Not only was the service sweet and quick, but the food was amazing (order a bowl of cheese grits).....oh..did I mention the coffee. Best coffee ever and the server said it was free trade!!! I didn't save room for pie, but I know to next time!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Bubby's on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.