Fishers >Optical Goods > Ossip Optometry
7840 E 96th St, Fishers, IN | Directions 4603839.928053 -86.024141
I was very impressed with Dr. Bickel. She was very thorough with my daughter's exam and did not pressure us to get glasses for her at this time. She seemed to really care about my daughter and is going to make the effort to communicate with my daughter's doctor at Riley.
Not happy with the Customer service here. While it is pretty expensive to get an eye exam and frames/lenses here, they do not provide a case or lens cleaning spray when you get new lenses each year. The reason being that you did not purchase new frames and hence you do not get a case for your glasses. And, the CSR in the front office tells me that they ran out of lens cleaning spray when I can see a whole bunch sitting up on the shelf behind him. The fact that I paid over $250/- for the eye exam and the lenses did not seem to count. It was quite pathetic to watch him lie and I won't be going back as I do not wish to put up with the likes of him again!
12 Year Satisfied Customer – Wow... some of these other reviews are brutal! They can't possibly be talking about the same Ossip that I have been going to (in Fishers) for more than 12 years and have been MORE than satisfied with their care, products and services. I guess some people just don't know a great product/service at a fair price when they see it!
I have been seeing Dr. Allison, who is a terrific guy and a great Optometrist, for more than 12 years. My wife now sees Dr. Fiddler who she says is also wonderful. I have always been VERY pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Allison. The quality of the glasses and contacts I have received from Ossip have always been exceptional. They use state of the art equipment and techniques. I will continue to go to Ossip for years to come and would recommend them to anyone!
Ossip is probably a bit more expensive than other "big box" places, but it is my VISION/EYES we are talking about here! Ossip offers higher end designer eye wear, and Dr. Allison always gives me the best prescription results! My contact prescription always allows me to read road signs WAY before my friends can when driving!
Go ahead and cut corners with your contacts/eye glasses if you want to be cheap, but I only trust Ossip and Dr. Allison with my vision care! As do many of my friends and colleagues!
THE worst – The worst retail experience ever, with insurance the prices were still high, after waiting two weeks, they could'nt find my order. they say they will 'call back' they never do, thats if your lucky and they answer the phone, paid them in cash, after they told me I would have to wait another seven days for my glasses I asked for a refund. they didnt have enough cash to cover it, gave me a debit refund which still has'nt posted. Dont waste your time with these idiots, they should'nt be in business
Fantastic Doctor and crew – In the past I have had many doctors that were unable to get me into contacts. I would try a few contacts and they would send me a fat bill for all the fittings but still no contacts.
Dr. Allison charged me a flat fee and promised that he would make it work. I can't tell you how good this guy is. If you have trouble with contacts give him a shout. He is really good at what he does.
WARNING: Greedy and Incompetent – YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF WITH A PAIR OF GENERIC READING GLASSES FROM THE GOODWILL STORE. These nice folks only care about one thing: Getting as much of your money as possible. As if that isn't bad enough, they are lousy at what they do, from the "doctor" to the front office staff who look like the background dancers in a Robert Palmer video parody on YouTube and obviously don't get paid to be courteous. I give them one star out of pity.
Horrible Customer Service. – I would NOT recommend that you visit Ossip in Fishers on 96th & Hague.
1) The price of glasses is outrageous. I even have vision insurance. After insurance the price was $300. Ridiculous.
2) To make things worse, they said it would take 10 days for the glasses to be delivered. 10 days??? This is a company that deals with glasses. My husband ordered glasses from a different non-Ossip company at the same time and received his in 2 days. Even though they said 10 days, they weren't delivered. It appeared that the order hadn't even been sent to the lab. I was promised they'd be here 3 days after promised.
3) They don't answer their phone. Every time I've called, I've been asked to leave a message. I finally called back (for the 5th time) and spoke with the operator instead. That's the way to do it if you need/want to speak with them.
4) I called the store to inquire about the status of my glasses since they had yet to call me and it had been 10 days already. They said they'd check into and have the optician call me. I never heard back from. She never called. I had to call again.
5) When I finally got them to assure me that the glasses would be delivered 3 days late, I asked if they would call when they had arrived. Common courtesy, right? No. They said they don't have an optician working on Saturdays (what????) and so nobody would call. Seems a bit weird.
Please don't go to the Ossip in Fishers. Horrible business, horrible customer service, horrible satisfaction. Not a good idea.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Ossip Optometry on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.