Seattle >Food & Dining > Delicious Planet
2917 Fuhrman Ave E, Seattle, WA | Directions 9810247.647531 -122.317900
Neighborhoods: Portage Bay, Northeast, Northeast Seattle
I used to work for this company and I can personally swear that any good reviews are either from people who were asked to write a review in favor of this company. I was asked to do it when I worked there. The only way that anyone would stay using this place is if they don't have taste buds and don't like good service.
Even something good for a vegan. Good muffins! – I got a gift card from one of my friends for this place, and being a vegan and being skeptical, I didn't really bother with for a while. I found it again thumbing through old emails (email gift cards nowadays!) and....
1. I ordered a wrap with hummus and grilled vegetables. the hummus was super tasty.
2. I ordered a tub of the mango salsa, it was good and juicy.
3. breakfast burrito (complete with fake vegan cheese!) it was decent, nothing too surprising, but very filling.
4. fruit salad - I don't like melon and forgot to mention it, but it had pineapple, blueberries, cherries, kiwis, etc and they weren't soggy, which is nice for a change. I've made the mistake of getting the fruit cups from certain grocery stores and been disgusted by the bloated soggy fruit (and no refund)
5. morning glory muffins - wished I had ordered more, these puppies were freakin good. I am a staunch! vegan, and when i bit into one, I was sure there was some cow/animal product in it, so I got on the phone asap--ended up being passed to the chef who was adamant about their vegan status. sounded like he had had this conversation before.
6. finally, the vegan entree- spinach chickpea coconut curry. It was pretty mellow curry, and though I like mine with a bigger spicier kick, it was good, plenty of spinach, soft chickpeas, the carrots were good and crunchy not overcooked and I could actually taste the coconut milk. it came with toasted cashews (thankfully in a separate little container; soggy cashews are not fun to eat).
overall I was pretty satisfied, it came later the next day in a white cooler with ice packages. I wasn't home but when I finally did get to it, the stuff was cool to the touch after sitting in the sun in front of my door.
mostly I putter around the kitchen myself and make my own food, there aren't too many good vegan places around, but this was a nice break for me.
Here we go again – I am a huge fan of citysearch and use them to screen where I shop, dine, etc. (I sometimes read the reviews just for fun). Very seldom will I write a review, but when I do, I will check back on a service that I liked or did not, to see if others agree or if I am the odd person out. It is interesting what you will find, especially when "patterns" emerge.
I have had multiple bad experiences with Delcious Planet. And so I have commented once before. Now my review is "gone". In reading the reviews, they seem to be great or bad. No inbetween. Plus, the great ones come in bunches after a bad one. Seems like a call for help to try to hide the truth. Don't mean to be mean but I believe that this says a lot.
Sweet tooth? – I have been ordering from Randi for a while now and very proud of how this company has changed and grown over the last few months. The food quality and flavor has improved which I didn't realize could happen. I have fallen so in love with the new items they are baking up.
I also plan to detox my system again before the summer starts using there great program.
Great Great Great – This was a dream for me when I had a baby in April!! I found out about this place from the Bastyr Clinic. I haven’t grocery shopped in a month and everything is so fresh and delicious.
They use rad ingredients like purple cauliflower, quinoa, buckwheat groats…. I have tried other places but they are really different and the very best by far.
Nuritionist Choice – My nutritionist wants me to go dairy free but its so hard to do on my own. I order from Delicious Planet so I can have delicious options that are not the usual lasagna, etc. Their driver is really nice and so is the customer service team.
Time Saver!!! – I absolutely love their food but what they really do is save me a lot of time!! Once I got into the swing of this, I could order just the right amount – 3 dinners, a couple of salad entrees for lunch, and some muffins or granola for breakfast. I still had room to eat out or go to West Seattle Farmers Market. I refer them all the time!
Great for Gluten Free – My husband is allergic to gluten. It is so hard to find great tasting food that we both can enjoy, but this did the trick!
Yippee!!! – That is what I scream every time I have had a box of food delivered to my door. I have been ordering from Delicious Planet for years now, and I have always been extremely happy with their food and their service. I am lazy and I don't cook. If I could afford it I would order every meal from Delicious Planet!
this place is toxic – have ordered from this place and the food was bad. in researching the business, discovered a lot of odd things. take a look at the reviews even...they are either 5 stars or bad ratings. looks like padded reviews to me. is in line with the things that i have found out about these people. just trying to help you spend wisely and eat better
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Delicious Planet on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.