430 91st Ave NE Ste 10, Lake Stevens, WA | Directions 9825848.000642 -122.109010
Sun. to Thrursday 11-9 Fri & Sat 11-10
Public Health Hazard & Lying Staff
We were excited to try Luca’s – it had been highly recommended to us. I’m 6 months pregnant and our little family of 3 (husband, me, and 2-year old son) went for a bite. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer and here’s where it went south.
1. On my second bite of calamari, I noticed something cold in my mouth. I started “digging” through the appetizer and found two HUGE globs of completely raw calamari. (The full small squid, not the rings). They were cold, slimy, transparent, and quite obviously NOT cooked.
2. We talked to the waiter and he nonchalantly said, “Oh, I’ll have them heat it up.” I declined and said we weren’t really in the mood for the calamari anymore. Not impressed with such a lackluster response and no apology.
3. A few minutes later, they offered to bring us a substitute appetizer. We said thank you and accepted. The rest of the dinner was good – until the bill came.
4. They CHARGED us $2 more for our substitute appetizer than we would have been charged for the calamari. I was shocked, considering I was served raw squid as a pregnant lady. I talked to the server, and told him I wanted to discuss with a manager.
5. The manager came out and explained to me how the squid was “fully cooked” and there was nothing wrong with our appetizer. The chef and her had looked at it. UM – liars! It was raw, 100%, most definitely raw! After talking to her, she finally agreed to remove the substitute appetizer. While preparing the bill, I remark to my husband (which the server overhead), “They’re not getting one penny for a tip!”
6. The new bill comes back, but now, magically, instead of a table of 3, we are a table of 8, and they have added gratuity. We ask the server if it’s standard practice. He says “yes”. LIE #2!! I ask him to get me a copy of the menu that shows that a party of 3 will be automatically charged. I add that if I get food poisoning, they will have a much bigger problem on their hands.
7. A new manager comes over. We ask him why it shows we are a table of 8, since the first bill did not. He said it’s not based on number of people, but on number of items. YES – that bad of a LIE. Lie #3. (Oh, by the way, even with the appetizer, there were only 7 items, not 8 – count before you start lying and digging yourself a worst hole).
8. After we caught the new manager in this third lie, he just said we could leave. And, we did. And, we will NEVER, ever be back. And, I’m contacting the public health department. I wouldn’t be so upset if it weren’t for the lying and manipulative behavior of at least three of the staff members. Truly the worst dining experience I’ve ever had.
Wonderful Italian Food – The food is incredible. I have to bring everyone in my family to Luca's any time they visit. I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. The people are friendly and make you feel welcome. The prices are reasonable for the value given. Everything is fresh and of the highest quality. The price may be high if you are used to Mickey D's or Burger Dudes, but are not expensive at all when going to a fine dining establishment, which this is! The dressing on the salad is made at Luca's, not a bottled brand and the portion is just right. There are salads on the menu that will make a whole meal, but the dinner salad just whets your appetite for the main event. Portion sizes are great. We end up taking home they rest of our meals because we can't finish. Then I get lunch the next day! Almost everything is made from scratch. I Have tried almost everything on the menu and can never wait to go back after each meal. The specials are a little more expensive than the regular fare, but well worth it. And if you are worried about the price, like another reviewer, then go on Thursday or Sunday night, when kids eat free.
small portions / high price – when you arrive you are seated fairly quick. you get a basket of sliced bread, cold and hard. there is olive oil an vinegar on the table to pour if you would like it. The menu was pretty diverse although there were not very many types of pizza to choose from they all sounded the same just had different names. Prices were really high in general, then when I saw how small the portion sizes were, it was even more of a let down. Dinner entrees come with a side salad that has about 15 pieces of lettuce and 2 croutons. Very unimpressed with this resturant. I had expected much much more!
Best Homemade italian Food – This is a very out of the norm location for an Italian restaurant that my husband and I tripped onto one day. When entering the restaurant it has that feeling of being made at home in a little ol' Italian ladies home, where she makes you garlic bread fresh from the oven with olive oil dip. Just made lasagna that piles high and does not slide about on your plate and makes your mouth water for more or Manacotti with Rose sauce so creamy and delicious, adding just about the best homemade chocolate cheesecake or tiramisu that would make you feel like you are in heaven. Only it's not a little ol' lady, it's Luca's Italian Restaurant where Luca makes you feel at home because he is very proud of his recipes. Along with the wonderful staff that makes sure that you are taken care of properly, with the biggest of smiles and the utmost attention to your dining needs. And special treats of musical entertainment while dining on certain nights, the most wonderful restaurant I have ever been to and tell all of my friends about and when we have guests visiting this is ALWAYS our first choice of places to take them.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Luca's Pizzeria Ristorante on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.