10 Chester Ave 1st Floor, White Plaines, NY | Directions 1060141.034340 -73.767720
I went to Laser Cosmetica a month ago, I wish I had done my research first. I spoke with Jackie and Heather. Before I knew it I was signed up for more services then I wanted and spending more money. When I went in to discuss it, they charged my card...even though my appointment wasn't even for a month away.
The office seemed odd, one big room with shabby furniture and desk.
After spending time thinking about it, I decided I didn't want the procedures. I just didn't feel 100% comfortable with this business.
I sent an email cancelling any appointments and asking for a refund. I heard nothing back. I called today and spoke to Jackie, she tried to get me to sign up and pay using financing. She said that they just started using this company this weekend "Fortiva". I again told her no, she said that the contract I signed was nonrefundable. I was NOT told this when I went in. I have had not a single service done to my body. When I pressed the issue she told me that I would have to come in and sign some paperwork and that it would take weeks to get it processed. I paid $2000 a month ago and haven't had anything done, I was not waiting weeks. I asked her to fax it to me, she put the phone away from her and asked someone about the fax machine. She said that it hadn't been hooked up to the phone line yet. What kind of reputable business doesn't have a fax machine?????? She told me to call the main office and have them fax me a refund request form.
When I called the main number at 866-582-1111, I was transferred to 4 different people. It sounded like I was being transferred to different people in one big room. The woman I spoke to there, Brittany, said that she would let the manager know and would get back to me.
This whole situation seems very shady and I would never recommend this company to anyone. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as disputing the claim with my credit card company.
1. On the intake sheet that they asked me to fill out before the consult, they ask for a social security number. That is weird. No other plastic surgeon's office I've been to for a consult asks for a social security number. The reason for this is so they can talk you into getting a loan much more easily!
2. The clinic director, Heather, appears to be very charming, friendly, and personable, but I suspect that that is all an act, because she almost immediately began talking to me about taking out a loan. She spent about 5 minutes talking to me about the procedures I wanted, and quickly transitioned that into what different packages I could get at different costs, all without examining the areas that I wanted to be treated. She briefly looked at one area, only when I said she should take a look at it.
She talked very quickly the whole time, didn't give me any time to think about what she was saying, and asked for my social security number to see if I would be "pre-approved". She didn't say anything about any other payment options, she only seemed interested in getting me signed up for a loan. She reminded me of a used car salesman.
3. I went to the appointment only wanting to get information on their procedures and prices. I walked away signed up for a $4,000 loan. How did that happen??? I've never had a loan in my entire life, and I certainly didn't want one that day.
Heather is very manipulative and she talked me into doing something I really didn't want to do.
4. Later that afternoon, after I had a few hours to process everything that had happened, I realized I had been duped into taking out a loan I didn't want at all. I promptly called Heather back and told her that I didn't want the loan. She told me, "The contract has been signed. There is nothing that can be done to get out of it." I wasn't aware at the time she said that, but there is such a thing as rescinding a loan. There is a 3 business day window of time to have a loan rescinded (aka cancelled) after taking out the loan, if someone changed their mind for ANY reason. Either Heather is really stupid and didn't know that, or she lied to me! Either way, do you really want to do business with someone like that?
5. The next day (which was a friday) I called Heather to tell her, once again, that I wanted the loan rescinded. The whole time she kept trying to sell me on other procedures, and kept lowering the price. She just didn't seem to understand or care that I said "I don't want the loan." Eventually, after telling her multiple times that I wanted the loan rescinded, she said ok.
6. The following monday, I had my friend call Laser Cosmetica for me, because I was so tired of Heather trying to sell me on all these things when I want is to cancel the loan! I just needed a written confirmation from them that they did, in fact, cancel the loan. Heather told him that they can't send anything, and hung up on him in the middle of the conversation! When he called back, someone else answered the phone, and said they would fax it over. We have received nothing yet. I contacted the loan company, Fortiva, to notify them of the situation, and they told me they have not received a notice of cancellation from Laser Cosmetica!
7. Almost all of their positive online reviews seem fake. Most of them are posted all on the same day, or within a few days of each other. Its really unethical that this company posts reviews of itself!
STAY AWAY FROM LASER COSMETICA! They are unethical and awful! There are hundreds of places in America where you can get the same treatments. Why would you want to give your money to these bloodsuckers?
Wonderful Experience!!!! – I have to say, I have been to my fare share of laser clinics. and this was a great experience. I do not normally write reviews, however I was very impressed with the knowledge of the clinic director, and how ease everyone makes you feel. I came in for a promotion, and signed up for 3 different procedures of which, I am estatic to see results already. I could not be happier!
HAIR REMOVAL BACK
So I just recently won a raffle at a Schecky's NYC raffle, I won a complimentary Microderm skin care for my face. Over ecstatic, I called up and was set-up that same day for a session. When I went in I met with the clinic director that told me about all of Laser Cosmetica's treatments. My target interest was laser hair removal on my back, my wife has a real issue with my hairy back. I honestly can say it can get a little embarrassing being shirtless, so I'm anticipating my end results.
The office is very nice. Staff is very attentive, offered water & coffee. Great experience. Excellent discounted price.
Hairless Beauty – My first Laser Cosmetica package purchased was for skin treatment, I decided to later purchase laser hair removal for my legs, underarm and bikini. I've gotten great results so far and the esthetician Jayme that does my service is so sweet. She answers all my questions and puts me at ease. I do go between clinics quite frequently and it's never an issue to get my appointments, so for that I give LC 5-stars.
Unprofessional and Unethical – The following are problems I experienced with Lasercosmetica (LC), beginning on 10/12/11, in both their White Plains and Corporate offices:
1) not supplying required medication on promised dates; 2) abdicating responsibility for promised services; 3) not returning phone calls; 4) not replying to emails; 5) not letting patients contact their MD; 6) not letting patients express their complaints to the owner; 7) promising corporate responses (to complaints) that never happen; 8) hanging up on customer
Very satisfied, it’s hassle-free – I’ve been trying to find a place where I can have my unwanted hair removed professionally. I’ve heard from a friend that this place was tops in her book, so I decided to give it a try.
Been perfectly happy with the results, I’ve had 2 treatments on my leg area, and everything’s very satisfactory so far. I’ve had the hair shedding that I was told I’d have during the course of the treatment, and I’ve been happy with it. It makes me feel smooth and it’s hassle-free. That’s the best thing about it for me.
I feel younger – I was looking for a way to lessen my wrinkles without the use of botox (scared of needles) and I came across Laser Cosmetica's website and found they did wrinkle reduction. I called and scheduled a consultation (which I found out was free!) and bought a very discounted affirm package. I have had two treaments and I am already looking and feeling younger. I definitely recommed them for at least for wrinkle reduction services
No More Brown Spots! – I was a sun worshiper for many years, I have freckles all over my arms and hands, which had really gotten worse over the years. After much research I decided to follow through with the Fotofacial procedure, I am on my 4th session Wow I am amazed they, are so much lighter, and almost gone. The staff here is friendly, and so accomidating, I am so happy I chose this office!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Laser Cosmetica LLC on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.