Pizza >Verra-Zanno Pizzeria
11600 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 190, Duluth, GA | Directions 3009734.059886 -84.173070
Monday-Thursday 11am-3pm Dinner 5pm-9pm; Friday 11am-10pm, Sat. 12-9pm
Verra-Zanno feeds me. – Every item on the menu is made from the freshest ingredients! The staff is friendly and professional and the ambiance is comfortable. For me, it was love at first bruschetta! The entire restaurant smells delicious and dinner tastes even better. Also, the pepperonis are as cute as buttons. Sitting on the patio on a breezy, summer evening with hot, delicious food is something you'll only find at Verra-Zanno. It's the only one of its kind.
The Subs are Great! – I always get The Classic, which is basically a hot ham and cheese sub. The bread is crispy on the outside and just right on the inside. The temperature is always just right also. My daughter, who is 6, loves this place. She usually gets the pasta and devours every bit of it. We have never tried the pizza here but it looks really good. I am addicted to the subs but will eventually get around to the pizza. The portions are huge and the prices are reasonable. Nice atmosphere and everyone is always so friendly. Would recommend this place to anyone!
Best family dining – Something for everyone! The pizza is easily the best in town --- great crust, the right sauce and plenty of ingredients. Joe does it right even by the slice (never chewy, dry or overcooked). Most salads at pizza places are afterthoughts -- a bed of lettuce and a couple of veggies tossed in for good measure. But not here -- the antipasto and greek salad especially are enormous and fresh. Entrees and subs are not the focus here, but are also excellent. And to top it off, Joe and his staff keep the place spotless and well-run -- and family friendly.
Special recommendation: try the Grilled Chicken Salad for lunch -- it's almost better than the pizza!
Verra-Zanno's Pizza...look no further – Coming from Europe some 30 years ago and being a pizza lover, I searched for a long time for that "perfect pie" without much success; once in a while my hope would ride high just to be disappointed at a next visit. Seven years ago I discovered Big Daddy's, a pizzeria run by Joe Amitrano like a precision watch. Over and again his pies would be perfect; great sauces, fresh ingredients, in great combinations and large sizes. And his dough tested just incredible! He moved to John's Creek under the Verra-Zanno's name. Consistent great taste, attention to detail in the food as well as in the service in a great atmosphere, that's what you should expect. Look no further than Verra-Zanno's.
All around terrific eatery – I love this place. Eat in or take out - it is always fresh, friendly, fast and delicious. I would go much more often if it was a little closer to home (Duluth). I love the spagetti, my friends love the pizza and we all love the fresh salads, homemade italian dressing and hot garlic pizza "knots". It is the best little Italian family style restaurant in all of John's Creek and Duluth put together. Delicio! Think I'll go tonight.........
There is great pizza in the South ! – I moved to the South 20 years ago. There was no good pizza (you know the delicious cheese, authentic oils, hand tossed, brick oven). Then I had Big Daddy's - and I was back home in Brooklyn (where I could walk to 6 different pizzerias in less than 10 minutes). When Big Daddy's moved to John's Creek and became Verra-Zanno's I had flashbacks to high school track workouts (run to the Verrazano Bridge and back). This is the best pizza around...fuggetaboutit !
Great Food – The food here is great. The sicilian pizza and stromboli are very good. I haven't tried anything there that I do not like. It's difficult to try the chain pizzas after having Verra-Zanno's.
The staff is friendly and Joe is great.
If you come for lunch, get there early. It fills up quickly!
A Restaurant to Favor – Top ten reasons my husband and I favor this restaurant above all others:
10. Every stromboli tastes as good as the last, and the serving size so big that you won't need dinner later.
9. The chicken chunks on the chicken salad are spiced just right every time.
8. The garlic knots come out of the oven piping hot and dripping with butter. We eat ours with olive oil.
7. The pepperoni slices taste better to me than pepperoni from any other restaurant. Is it just me??
6. The coke does not have extra water added, so it is strong and flavorful.
5. The calzones are too big to finish, but you will die trying because they are stuffed with high quality, mouth-watering cheeses.
4. The Italian sub is delectable and overflowing with Boar's Head meats.
3. Have you ever tried a canoli? I had my first at VZ, and I am now officially addicted.
2. The atmosphere at this restaurant inspires one to relax, smile, and breathe. The decor is subtle and pleasing, the lighting is adequate but romantic, and the ambience is classy. The tables are large enough to accomodate a large pizza AND your plates, drinks, etc. The bar is the best seat in the house for socializing with the staff (especially Elise) and watching the chefs work their magic (especially Julio).
1. The owner, Joe, is always there. He is like a shepherd watching over his flock, overseeing both the dining room and the kitchen whilst exchanging stories and greetings with customers all night long. He cares for your dining experience and his concern reveals itself in that no detail has been overlooked or under attended. He is genuine, approachable, and reasonable, and because he is a true New Yorker, very interesting to chat with.
In summary, if you haven't tried this restaurant, you are doing a disservice to yourself. If you have tried it, you have most likely become a regular!
You HAVE to try this Pizza! – The BEST pizza in Atlanta by far...great location...friendly staff....food is authentic....and Joe, the owner, is a great guy!
Good pizza! – Ate at verrazano for the first time last week. The food was great. I first read about them at the atlantacuisine(dot)com website. They know how to get it done. I expect to see them at #1 on the best of list.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Verra-Zanno Pizzeria on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.