213 W 53rd St, New York, NY | Directions 1001940.763636 -73.983162
Monday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Thursday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Neighborhoods: Clinton, Midtown
Hello Deli, Hello Goodness – For as famous as this deli is, there is no pretense here. It's just an honest, friendly run deli. My kids were scrunching their noses as they reviewed the dry erase menu board and Rupert quickly came out saying he would make them anything they wanted even if it wasn't listed on the board. My boys had, what they said, was the best ham and cheese on wheat (dry) and grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. Thanks Rupert and Hello Deli.
Don't forget to say hello to "Letterman" regular Rupert at this quintessential city sandwich shop. – In Short
Top ten reasons to visit Hello Deli:
10. It's typical New York.
9. Good coffee.
6. Convenient to the theater.
5. Every sandwich is less than $6.
4. Where else can you find a sandwich called the "Big Ass"?
3. Decent vegetarian sandwich selection.
2. Creations named after celebrities like the "Dave" (turkey, ham, American cheese, sweet peppers, lettuce, tomato, mayo on hero).
1. You might score a cameo on "Letterman" like deli owner Rupert Jee.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Hello Deli on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.