530 Francisco Blvd W, San Rafael, CA | Directions 9490137.965554 -122.516864
A fabulous charm!!! – What can we say?! They were wonderful as the designer of our new kitchen. Kenny said today, as we were admiring our beautiful new room
I had a wonderful experience with Gilmans Bath remodeling. We had the most enjoyable experience with them. I highly recommend them.
My personal experience with Gilmans Kitchens & Baths was wonderful! I got my whole kitchen remodeled and I loved how the image I had in my head was the image I was looking at when the job was completed. A job well done.
They did a great job. Attention to detail was noticeable and the staff was very helpful with all of my questions.
Helped – The staff helped with general design questions and also with a new product.
Job Well Done – Job well done! Joyce was very patient with the contractor who had lots of questions. Thank you!
A+ Everyone – Their attention to detail was excellent. I didn't feel rushed and everyone. The plan and design were absolutely A+. They were always available for questions and I will recommend them to others.
They can turn your ideas into reality – They have full service design builder capabilities that gives you the quality you expect and deserve. Whether you are planning to build a new home, or remodel an existing one, they can turn your ideas into reality with their fully computerized service and hands-on design team.
I can't say enough great things about Gilmans and their employees. They helped us remodel the kitchen in our house. They built for us the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen! They are pretty much miracle workers. Please work with Gilmans Kitchens and Baths if you get the chance. They are honest, fair, quick to respond and they have a quick turnaround on the job. Truly top-notch!!!
Terrible experience with Gilman’s Kitchen & Bath Remodeling – I cannot say this strongly enough: Do not use Gilman’s Kitchen and Baths! We had the most miserable experience with them, something I would not wish upon anyone else.
- Project was underbid 35% just so they could win our project (so it cost us ~35% more than expected to get the job done)
- Many details were agreed to during contract/pricing negotiation which they then “forgot” they had agreed to when it actually came to doing the job.
- Workers were disrespectful of our home, breaking and damaging our things (and Gilman’s refused to pay for the damages)
- Their construction team was ok at doing woodwork, but completely incompetent in doing the plumbing (hmmm… they are called Gilman’s Kitchen and Bath, are they not…?!)
- Examples: Our garage flooded due to their neglecting to close off a drain pipe over the weekend, completed shower had only cold water because the piping hadn’t been done correctly, completed sink was leaking due to pipes not being installed well
- The design-build manager is rude, arrogant, argumentative and very difficult to work with. She seems nice enough when they’re bidding the project but is a completely different person once the project begins
- The project started late for reasons they could never explain, and still took twice the amount of time they agreed to, to complete
- Construction crew was consistently late, missed appointments altogether and/or left the job early
- Lack of communication amongst project team and construction team
- Their workers were irresponsible with security in our home (our front door was found wide open one night when we came home. On another occasion, they lost the set of keys we’d given gave them)
- According to one of their staff members, they’re just not trustworthy. One of the construction workers told us “I don’t trust Gilman’s”. And this is a guy who works for the company.
Awful experience all-around.
If I could give them Zero stars, I would
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Gilmans Kitchens & Baths on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.