2310 Fair Oaks Blvd., Sacramento, CA | Directions 9582538.573659 -121.410281
Neighborhoods: Arden - Arcade, Arden-Arcade
Where do I start? – This mexican restaurant is close to my house, so I really hoped it would be good. I really don't know why any businessman would try to open a restaurant there, it's like the unending hole of bankrupt, or on it's final legs, restaurants. There have been so many there I can't even remember all of their names. I guess if Wendy's can't make it on Fair Oaks Blvd., then I don't know who could. Except Mcdonald's. This place has a nice bar, but I think that's the only reason I will ever go there again. This place use to be called something else mexican, and when it changed I tried it again, thinking it had changed hands. Don't assume. It was the same place with a different name. Same crappy food, same crappy service. No wonder no one is ever in the restaurant part of the place, just look in the windows! Well, how much longer will it be in business is anyones guess. Hopefully it will eventually be bulldozed down to make way for someplace that won't be out of business in six months. I wish them luck, but I don't think luck should be involved when you are paying to eat their food!
A Terrible Experience – I hope I can convey how terrible our experience was. First let me say that I used to love this place, the staff used to be so nice, on top of things and the food used to be excellent. But that was then. Now there is a new owner and he and his staff gave us one of our worst restaurant experiences ever.
Myself and three others met for an early dinner, and our experience follows:
1. We arrive, stand at the door for a good minutes before we saw an employee and another minute or two until we are acknowledged as customers or human beings.
2. We are finally seated and wait for another good 10 minutes until we are again acknowledged.
3. Someone (who we later find out is the owner) finally comes over and starts to ask if we were ready, but stops in mid-sentence and suddenly walks away.
4. A waiter now appears and asks if we are ready and we order a few drinks, since the menu told us it was happy hour. From the menu I order a beer on tap. The waiter comes back with a bottle, and I nicely told him I asked for the beer on tap. He says sorry they no longer have that beer on tap, which is cool with me, so I ask for another beer that they DO have on tap. He comes back with the original beer poured in a glass with a black lime (as if I couldn't tell the difference between the beers). But whatever, not too big of a deal.
5. Our orders are taken by the rude and distracted waiter. Our waters and drinks are rarely refilled, and we are all but ignored in the largely empty restaurant.
6. 30 minutes later our food appears (after people who arrived after us have already received their check).
7. Two of our four orders are wrong. All of the food is cold and seems microwaved. One dish is EXTREMELY dry and when asked for a reasonably amount of mole we are given attitude and it comes back as mole soup.
8. We are a passive group of people, but we decide to talk to the manager and tell him our experience. He says he will take care of the drinks and not to worry. He comes back 3 or 4 times as we are eating to tell us he "will take care of us," which we all feel good about and are satisfied with. He then says he will get me another beer on the house.
9. We get the check and all the owner did was comp us for two sodas, AND we are charged full price for the happy hour drinks that he said that he'll "take care of."
10. I tell him that we ordered this during happy hour, but he says that happy hour is only in the bar, which the dining menu didn't. He says the menu is from the old owner and HASN'T been updated. He takes just one of the drinks off the check. He starts to get upset and develops a very rude tone and says he "doesn't know what else he can do for us" (how about what you promised us!?).
11. Disguised and upset we pay the bill and leave, never to return again and ready to spread the awful truth about La Casa.
A shame that such a fine restaurant had to turn so bad. La Casa's employees and owner have proven themselves to be an absolutely pathetic collection of restaurant workers! The food was cold and crappy, the service was terrible, the employees were rude, the menu was inaccurate, the promises were not kept, and it was pretty damn expensive (even with being so-called "taken care of.)"
So in summary AVOID THIS PLACE!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of La Casa Restaurante on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.