Columbia >Food & Dining > Pop's N.Y. Pizza
707 Harden St, Columbia, SC | Directions 2920533.999136 -81.016234
Sun 11:30am-10pm; Mon 11:30am-10pm; Tue 11:30am-10pm; Wed 11:30am-10pm; Thu 11:30am-3:30am; Fri 11:30am-3:30am; Sat 11:30am-3:30am
Neighborhoods: Midtown - Downtown
Two Hour Delivery! Don't Call Hungry! – The decision to order from Pop's was made because they are near where I work and they offer delivery. I should have read the reviews before I made my decision!
I was told when I placed the order that it would take about 45 to one hour for delivery. I called after one and a half hours and was told that my order was with the delivery driver, who was at Richland Memorial Hospital on a delivery. I knew then that I was in trouble.
I received my order - a 2-liter Sprite, a large pepperoni and mushroom pizza, an order of raw fries, and an order of deep-fried oreos - two hours after placing the order. The pizza sauce is flavorful, but it did little to sell the pizza since the crust was cold and tough, and the toppings were cold and lacked flavor. The fries were also cold - as dried, worn-out cardboard. The oreos still maintained a bit of warmth and were the best part of the order.
The telephone order girl was up-beat when she took the order, but nonchalant when I called about the delay. The delivery girl managed to smile once, but was a little "upset" that she had to go back downstairs to get the soda because she only had two hands. If she wasn't juggling her Blackberry, she might have been able to carry more. Who knows...
The only positive thing I can say for the pizza is that it is HUGE! It easily feeds 4-5 hungry people and most of them will only eat one slice.
I will not order from Pop's again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. It was a sad experience.
Honestly, the best late night food in town. – I am a third year student at USC. I cannot disagree more with the initial review of this restaurant. I have never walked out of Pop's on a late night disappointed. Cute girls at the counter, knowledgable and friendly staff, and most importantly, the most incredible pizza I've had in years. In my opinion, Pop's is better than any pizza chain i.e Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns. Mellow Mushroom and Village Idiot do not come close.
Work in Progress Delivers Top Quality NY Pizza with a smile! – Store was very clean and appeared well staffed. The pizza was huge and the sauce and pizza bread were flavorful. I was quoted 20 min for carryout and recieved my pie in 15. The blonde Pizza cook was fast and true New York style with his tossing. The counter girl was attentive, sweet and prompt. This Pizza place has obviously fixed a number of problems and is well on it's way to being the best NY style Pizza and Philly Cheese Steak shop in Columbia. Watch this place closely!
Nightmarishly Bad Service, Borderline Unsanitary – If you want to make sure that customers do not return, take a lesson from this restaurant:
1. Take a phone order for a large pepperoni pizza and tell the customer it will be ready in 20-30 minutes.
2. When the customer arrives, to a near-empty restaurant, the employee at the counter should be eating a slice of pizza at her station.
3. The employee should simply tell the customer that his pizza is not ready, without any indication of how long the wait might be. When the customer asks politely for an estimate, only then should the employee shuffle to the kitchen and return with the promise of ten more minutes.
4. When the customer returns, ten minutes later, two more employess should be there now, all of them, including the lone pizza cook, should be eating slices of pizza in the front of the house.
5. Furthermore, the employees should not acknowledge the customer as he sits waiting for a sign that his order is ready.
6. When the customer decides to go and ask again after sitting patiently for fifteen minutes, a total wait time of nearly one hour for a pick-up pepperoni pizza, the employee should shuffle to the back and bring out an already-boxed pizza which has clearly been waiting while she, and everyone else, was at the counter or at the tables feeding their faces.
7. Under no circumstances should the employees apologize for the wait or the oversight.
Follow these simple instructions, after the example set by Pop's New York Pizza and you will be certain to serve cold pizza to unhappy customers! Even if the Pizza were prepared properly, the customers would have a hard time eating it after watching the pizza cook taking turns stuffing his face and putting pizzas in the oven without washing his hands. One upshot for the employees is that the customers they so despise interacting with will never return.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Pop's N.Y. Pizza on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.