Austin >Manicures & Pedicures > Lakeline Nails
10900 Lakeline Mall Blvd, Austin, TX | Directions 7871730.476110 -97.796819
Great Gals That Do Great Nails!!! – I just had a mani/pedi at Lakeline Nails and couldn't be happier. I had a gift certificate to spend, but read the reviews before going. I was nervous from the other reviews but clearly they didn't have Shirley do their nails. Shirley was an absolute darling. She was sweet and gentle. Gentle was important to me since I had surgery on my foot with a big scar on the bottom. The actual facility was nice as well, I hate the fumes of a nail salon and this place was well vented. I whole heartedly recommend going to Lakeline Nails.
Get your nails done somewhere else. – I recently went in for a manicure and pedicure and I am not happy. I am not vehemently appalled by their lack of skill and I do not have a skin or nail infection but I am NOT pleased by the result.
The young man who is gave me a mani/pedi is either very new or he put his picture on his cousin's license.
**I have natural nails but I like to take care of them since they grow so fast and I have been to many different nail salons all over the country and world...I believe that I know nail service**
1. He did not soften the cuticles long enough to SOFTEN THEM before he began cutting them off nor did HE PUSH THEM UP and they needed it.
2. He buffed too high up on the nail, rubbing and cutting the skin surrounding my nail bed and cuticles to bits.
3. He didn't clip my hand nails to even lengths and he filed them way too short AFTER I told him what length I wanted.
4. He didn't smooth out the ends of my nails (e.g. running them down pantyhose would wreck them).
5. I had to tell him four different times to remove my old nail polish ( his English was so bad that I had to mime the act of removing the polish with acetone for him to finally understand. Please know that I don't think I should have to speak Korean to get my nails done properly in America...if I am in another country, I WILL communicate in the language of that country!)
6. He was extremely rough with the massage portion of each procedure and never used enough lotion.
There was one girl there who could speak English fluently; the other girl and my guy were completely lost when it came to communicating with customers.
I realize that a mani/pedi is only $35 here (and you might "get what you pay for") but there is no excuse for this slip-shod service and the hiring of people who don't have basic English skills. Also, there are other nail salons that have better air ventilation, better service and better results for the same price.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Lakeline Nails on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.