Seattle >Food Stores > Metropolitan Market Uptown
100 Mercer St, Seattle, WA | Directions 9810947.624573 -122.355353
Open 5am to Midnight
Neighborhoods: Lower Queen Anne, Magnolia / Queen Anne, Magnolia - Queen Anne
Good floral, wine, liquor, cheese and seafood departments. Also check out their special events (tastings, demos & signings) and house made soups and guacamole.
The Best Grocery Store EVER! – I first found out about Metropolitan Market when I started working in lower Queen Anne area around 2.5 years ago. And I've been shopping there ever since. Never had a bad customer service experience. I love this place! My friends say that I could actually live there if I could! Here are some of the reasons I love this place:
- Top-quality food, fresh, best-tasting produce.
- Unique, rare to find items that you can't find in other grocery stores (ex. Jason toothpaste, honey greek yogurt, locally made hand creams, cool wine accessories, funky lunch bags, etc.)
- Great, friendly and knowledgable staff. This store is definetly an upscale one but their staff and atmosphere never makes you feel like that.
- Coffee shop and desserts.
- Gelatiamo gelato (which is the best, in my opinion).
- Amazing selectin of cheeses and meats (Serrano ham is delicious).
- Free samples of cheeses and meats (which actually helped me in making purchasing decisions).
- One time during their store celebration/expo I was struggling with my 2 full bags of groceries; store director noticed that and helped me carry them downstairs. A store director?! wow..I thought that was so nice and thoughtful.
One thing that I am not too thrilled about is their prices...Their stuff is pretty pricey. But I know this will not stop me. ;-)
I think I could be their Development/Advertising agent after this review... ;-)
Sample your way through this lavish grocery store overflowing with gourmet goodies. – In Short
Top-quality food is displayed like fine art: Meats are arranged like sculptures, pastries like jewels, vegetables like a Dutch still-life. Vibrant chalkboards mark the aisles and clever ceramics denote individual kiosks. It's not all show, however. Knowledgeable and cheerful staff--some trained in France--explain cheese rinds, aged beef, food and wine pairings and the best chocolate cookbook, and the store is one of the best places in town to discover those hard-to-find gourmet items.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Metropolitan Market Uptown on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.