Hoboken >Bars & Clubs > Teak On The Hudson
16-18 Hudson Place, Hoboken, NJ | Directions 0703040.735923 -74.028655
Food was great...but I felt tricked... – I had a great experience at Teak, but I feel duped. I took advantage of the customer appreciation day tonight, which has the menu 50% off. The food was great, and I had dinner with my mother. She offered to pay the bill as long as I got the tip. She paid $80 and I left a $20 tip. On the way home, I found it odd that the bill was $80 at 50% off. I checked it and realized that the gratuity was included. Not only that, but the gratuity was added BEFORE the 50% was deducted. So not only did we pay a $21 gratuity on a $59 bill, but we double tipped! And we sat there 10 mins after we paid and got no word from the server about the mistake! So be careful...the food is great but that customer appreciation is a little tricky and Im not sure I will go back after that experience...
The best looking place in Metro – Teak, not doubt is one of the best place to dine and hang out in Hoboken. They have a nice variety of Asian fusion on the menu and the prices are just right, Not to mention they have half off the menu on Mondays and Thursdays. Can't go wrong with that. The place itself is one of the most beautiful restaurants/lounges in the metro area. You can tell a lot of thought with into the design and construction of the place. Nice drink menu too. Two drawbacks are the crowd and music For some reason when the place turns into a club on Fri and Sat nights it draws a not so attractive crowd. Plus the music is a little to ghetto for my taste and way too loud. A nice variety would be nice, and themed nights as well. But overall one of the best Hoboken has to offer.
am going back – I WENNT TO TEAK THE OTHER DAY FOR DINNER BECAUSE A FRIEND GOT US A GIFT CARD THERE.
ME AND MY WIFE HAD THE BEST TIME EVER.
WE HAD A BOTTLE OF WINE , SHE HAD THE SEABRSS AND I HAD THE SHIRT STEAK. AND FOR AN APP WE HAD THE ROCK SHRIMP... THE FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD, THE SERVER WAS VERY HELPFULL TO MY WIFES NEEDS..
FOR DESSERT WE HAD THE LAVA CAKE , AMAZING BEST TIME AFTER DINNER WE DECIDED TO HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS AT THE BAR SO WE WENT UPSTAIRS AND NOTICED A DIFFERENT ATMOSHERE . LIVE DJ, PEOPLE DANCING AND HAVING A BLAST .
I THANK MY FRIEND FOR SENDING ME TO THIS PLACE BECAUSE I WILL BE BACK.. NOT ONCES BUT ALOT MORE TIMES AND AM GOING TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS AS WELL, IF THEY DONT KNW ABNOUT IT ALREADY...
Great atmosphere – Server was efficient and polite. the towers with smoke coming out the top were very cool. And the lounge was fun to dance in after our meal.
great experience – I went in to teak with my friends and it was great. I recomend it tp every one who like good food and good music
omg!!! – went there on a monday night, place was very crowded on a monday. Food was excellent,i found out why it was so crowded when i got my check,bc t was half price night,dont no how they do it. but i am sure glad they do. I STRONGLY SUGEST THIS PLACE. I AM GOING BACK THIS THURSDAY, IT ALSO HALF PRICE NIGHT WOOOH
AWESOME FOOD GREAT SERVICE – I dont understand why People dislike teak so much. It's an awesome environment first of all. The food couldn't be any better and our server was very formal. Like all restaurants there are those waiters who just don't give any kind of personality in there job, but luckily Holman took care of us. I set up a reservation for 8 on thursday night (half off everything) we got there and our table was ready no problem. They're salads are AMAZING i HIGHLY recommend you try one. I can't complain, our trip to teaks was fun and exciting and i'll definitely be going back.
Horrible, horrible restaurant – This is a horrible restaurant. I have been to many five star trendy upscale restaurants in my life and this is no where close to any other them. They are pretentious for absolutely no reason at all. This place is filled with rude, ill-trained, ill-mannered employees. It seems to be no policy set-up for rules because the staff gives inconsistent answers. I had a birthday dinner there on Dec 12 and it was ruined. for the following reasons:
1) The hostess who took my reservation over the phone mixed up the day and instead of Saturday she marked it for Tuesday, Dec 15. Luckily, I called back to ask questions about increasing the size of the party, policy on bringing in a birthday cake from the outside, and cake cutting fees. This is when I was told that there was no reservation for me on Dec 12 and that I couldn't get my original timeslot because they were other large parties. They moved me to 8:30pm on Dec 12 and she told me there was a $3 cake cutting fee period.
2)Later at the restaurant I was told that it would be $3/slice. I was shocked that I would have to pay $60 for them to cut a cake I already bought. I was told that 50% of my party had to be present before we would be seated and when 50% was present they changed it to 80%. We were getting ready to leave and suddenly the table was ready. Go figure!!
3) The lounge seat at the table was soaking wet with alcohol and my friend sat in it. We had to find someone to clean up the area and it took a long time. We had to stand in the meantime.
4) The drink orders were forgotten or mixed up. The excuse they gave was that they were busy with other large parties. Again, they made us feel like our party didn't matter too much to them. Btw, the lychee martini is awful...drinks period are horrible.
5) Food took forever to come out and was just ok. They ran out of sushi so three of my friends had to wait longer. How does a sushi restaurant run out of their main product?!!!!
6) All through dinner they kept rushing us to finish and clearing the table too fast. They brought the check out before my birthday cake so part of my party left and never got to completely celebrate with me. A busboy came to clear the area and I kept telling him that I had a cake coming and we needed the area and he just ignored me as if I were nothing and he continued to clear. He turned to me and said "I"m trying to do my job and you keep rrrrr to me" . Very rude behavior.
7) They brought the cake and still made us leave the area. They put my cake around a statue of buddha and left it unattended. My friend had to stand and make sure no one took any. The manager moved us to another area with chairs but we couldn't enjoy the cake because we couldn't properly celebrate because we were separated.
8) The manager promised us shots for inconviencing us but they never came. We had to look for him to get them and then they weren't that great.
Basically, the entire experience was awful. The staff is rude and lack proper customer service training. The managers aren't that much better. The food and drinks are overpriced for the quality. The lounge chairs are dirty and stained. If you like to be treated badly while spending lots of money, then eat here. Otherwise, don't waste your time.
Go somewhere else – During a recent happy hour the bar tender informed me that on Thursday nights martinis and entrees are half price. So I invited my g/f and made the reservation. When the martini arrived I looked at it and said to the waitress “this is not a martini it’s a shooter!!”. Honestly the smallest martini glass I have ever seen. She informed me that because they are half price they are half the size! What kind of bargain is that?
Then we ordered our meal. The appetizer was lettuce wraps with chicken. The lettuce was turning brown and wilted and the stuffing must have been cooked and sitting on the stove for days. Totally inedible. After we ate about 20% of it the waitress came to take it away. I pointed out how bad it looked and tasted. Her reply was “sorry”. My g/f said based on that, she was glad she didn’t order sushi. The lettuce wraps at Houllian’s are much better and cost less.
The entrée of halibut was actually pretty good. Fresh and well prepared, but by that time I had decided it would be my last visit to Teak.
I was surprised when the check came that they didn’t remove the terrible appetizer from the bill. Do yourself a favor and pick one of the good restaurants in Hoboken.
NICE DECOR, BUT ABSOLUTELY WORST RESTAURANT I'VE BEEN TO!! – Never go there on a Friday night. The music is TOO loud and the restaurant seating is quite cramped. I went there with three guests and we were sandwiched next to overbooked tables with little or no elbow room. The music from the upstairs lounge was blairing all night and the lighting was poor. It is certainly not worth the menu prices, which would make you think you are in a classy five-star establishment.
Although the decor and interior design was stunning, we waited over an hour for our food. The steak was bland and rough and tasted like it was not seasoned but just thrown in the microwave. The wine selection was mediocre.
I do NOT recommend this place for dining out.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Teak On The Hudson on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.