1611 N Molter Rd, Liberty Lake, WA | Directions 9901947.672878 -117.091071
I DO NOT recommend Physzique. I joined one of their Fitness Challenges, and this is what I have to share:
- THE TRAINERS ARE PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS. Seriously. At no time did any of them during my 12 weeks of classes take the time to a.) pay attention to me and my needs b.) teach proper form AND c.) are only "certified" as a trainer thru Physzique.
- UNORGANIZED! This "company" is so unorganized. They are so young, yet trying to get to big, that they don't have the infrastructure to support this growth! The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Beware.
- CLASS SIZES. Because this company is hyping their challenges, class sizes are huge! So large to the point most classes had to be modified for the large group. I even had to workout next to the grimey bathroom door at times. No arm room. Not enough equipment. And dumb-founded trainers as to what to do with 30+ in one small room. As well, speaking to others about their second location - same issues.
- CLASS AGENDAS are random!.. SO if you can only make three classes out of the week, you just might get stuck with all Leg work outs! They DON'T tell you what classes are what or when. :(
- Classes DO NOT INCORPORATE warm-ups or stretching! You are totally on your own.
- CLASSES are more based on strength training, not cardio. So if you want to look lean and fit YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET IT HERE. Most of the other women that I met during this challenge that were repeat clients were rather Large and Manly muscular. Not what I wanted when I was trying to lose 50 lbs.
- DIRTY FLOORS! The floor is disgusting! Imagine every class you are standing in the same location.. and as you are doing non-stop burpbees and push-ups you notice the same gobs and gobs of dog hair, people hair and WHO KNOWS hair - Always there. Never vacuumed. Smiling at you and your mouth as you try to stay focused and not eat them. IT WAS GROSS. I never saw the floor "contents" changed.
- NUTRITION advisory/council - This was a joke. You are required to turn in a very comprehensive log of all your food intake every week. Physzique "grades" and returns. Out of the 12 weeks, I only received 2 back! Neither of them were consistent on grading. THIS is your nutrition guide. HUH.
- NEPOTISM. Politics are thick. Physzique is inbred with family members: Amy Hunt is married to Zach Hunt. Both are owners. Sam Fairbanks is Amy's Brother etc. etc. etc. Basically if you have a problem (specifically with Sam. MANY MANY people had issues with Sam), you don't have a place to go.
- 12 WEEK CONTRACT - and you are stuck! In no way shape or form are you allowed to break your contract unless you move out of state or death.
Amazingly, as I had to keep biting the bullet with all of these issues, I was blown away by the responses from other personal trainers or fitness centers across Spokane. Physzique has quite the reputation for being unsafe, uncoordinated and infantile.
If it's not clear yet... I would NEVER recommend. And I hope this review helps others in their journey :)
DO NOT JOIN. I loved the workouts, and MOST of the trainers were excellent. However, the way they run their business is HORRIBLE. The owners wife is one of the most disrespectful, demeaning people I have ever met. If she spent the amount of time invested in respecting her clients as she does ranting on facebook, they would have better business. She is extremely immature and defensive and horrible to deal with. Her brother who is also a "trainer" comes to class with jeans and TOMS with his toes sticking out and drills people around like he is the best thing since sliced bread. Get off your high horse! They are corrupt and it is not a company you would want to invest in. Just look at the BBB and how the attorney general has been on their case. The owners wife accuses everyone of slander if they say one bad thing, however I have a copy of an email she sent out to her clients ranting on ItWorks and Isagenix (and yes she mentios company names which is SLANDER).
They fired one of their best trainers in front of clients, 10 minutes before a class she was supposed to teach. Then when people left the gym because of it, Amy personally called people and threatened that if they quit because of the trainer being fired, they were going to fine the trainer for slander. WAKE UP- YOU CANT DO THAT. And threatening people wont get you anywhere. Very toxic and poisonous company. Get rid of the owners wife and brother in law, then you may have a decent business.
Jee.. what a shock, owners wife has already become defensive and already given us her 2 cents. SHocker!
I DO NOT recommend this company! They lie, cheat and do not provide services that are promised when you sign up. The owners wife (my thoughts) is the most unethical girl that I have ever met! BTW, she tells currently paying clients to go post good comments just to outweigh the bad ones. Well let me tell you that it's the bad ones that you should pay attention to - they are the legit ones! Look them up on the BBB site...not a company I'd get tangled with. The owners wife slanders clients on FB and to current clients and then threatens to sue you if you happen to say something bad ( but truthful) about them. Not worth it. You will not be happy with services. They promise and don't follow through. They are HORRIBLE communicators. Stay away!!
Great place if you are physically fit. They are not equipped to handle people with joint issues. They claim they offer modifications but that is not the case in my opinion. They promote on groupon but they didn't do any nutritional for me. They just threw me in a class and told me to modify if I needed to and then pushed me so hard that I couldn't walk from knee joint pain. This happened 4 times before I finally quit. Then they called me and said I wasn't giving 100% and that was why it didn't work for me.
Now as I look at the positive reviews here at least a couple of them are from the owners / employees of physique
They run groupons frequently so you can try them cheap if you have to learn on your own. At least that way you are only out $29.
Physzique is a small, couple-owned facility with two locations in Spokane. We have been in business for 6 years and work tirelessly to make sure that every client who comes through our doors gets the help they want and need. We try to be all things to all people and our small staff of 5 people work very long hours each week to ensure that we can be that.
In 6 years, we have worked with over 500 clients, many of whom would happily testify that they have been able to come and go as much as they please with very little hassle in regards to contracts or as some would have you believe, "bad business."
For those small handful of individuals who would like to smear our name with nonfactual judgments (there are only 12 of them in 6 years of being in business), we would ask those of you reading to check the facts. While we were in an unfortunate law suit in the past, these issues were resolved at very little expense to us, as we were not purposely misleading individuals or breaking contractual law (it was just a minor misinterpretation on the part of the law office who designed our contract). We have also NEVER charged ANY individual who did not willingly sign a contract with us and in most cases of contract dispute, we have actually allowed the individuals to cancel, even at our expense (as we pay fees to a billing company for such privileges).
ALL of the reviews you will find online are written by real clients of Physzique and if you have any doubt as to their legitimacy, we can put you in touch with those individuals for confirmation. Or you could check out our very active facebook fan page filled with happy, healthy clients who not only love us as their trainers, but have the results to prove that despite "lack of scientific proof," eating healthy and exercising regularly under the guidance of a Physzique trainer can and will indeed provide excellent results.
The Washington State Attorney General's office heavily fined Physzique this month for deceptive business practices and multiple other violations of the law. Details can be found on Spokane's Better Business Bureau website.
The BBB also rates Physzique a failing "F".
I will now be filing a formal complaint against Physzique. I was afraid to do so until now because of Zach Hunt's threats to me. However, because the AG's decree has expressly forbidden Physzique to seek retribution against those who complain, and the state has also maintained jurisdiction to monitor all complaints for 5 years -- I feel that justice will finally prevail.
I now belong to a reputable nationally known gym and couldn't be happier. Ethical and illegal business practices aside, many things I witnessed at Physzique were very disturbing. For example, during one of my sessions someone became injured. I was shocked when Physzique didn't even have an ace bandage on the premises. I also saw people obviously being pushed far beyond their fitness level, and was thankful no one had a heart attack while I was there.
Thus, I was hardly surprised when the Attorney General's office also cited "misrepresentations regarding the qualifications of personal trainer Zach Hunt in violation of the Consumer Protection Act and Washington's Health Studio Act".
Beware of positive Physzique "reviews" posted here and on other consumer websites: I strongly, strongly feel that many (if not nearly all) were posted at the behest of Physzique's owners, Zach and Amy Hunt -- especially after they knew the Attorney General's office was seeking action against them.
I love Physzique! The trainers are great! They are motivational and supportive all while having fun! I would highly recommend them to anyone, no matter what your fitness level! They work you at your own level so you can see results! They helped me lose weight and tone up for my wedding all while having fun in the classes!!
Modifications, laughs, and the most fun I've had exercising and getting in shape in 20 years! When you share your needs, goals, and ability with the trainers; then show up consistently, they get to know you and encourage and challenge you! Thanks Zach and Amy!
Great trainers, great clients, fun atmosphere. Lots of results!
Great training, great cost! – I first started going to Physzique in early 2011 on a Groupon as I was halfway done losing 48 pounds. I was quickly hooked by the whole body workouts. However, Spring was around the corner and I was running a lot so I wasn't ready to make a commitment.
Fast forward to November last year - I had recovered from a hamstring injury and was ready to add more to my workout. Phyzique was the only place I was interested in going. I started back the first week of December and what a difference it has made. I am so much more toned and strong and it has helped my running tremendously!
The trainers (I've worked with Jeremiah and Chauncey) and terrific. Tough and encouraging, not mean and degrading. They make sure I'm doing the excercises correctly and are able to provide modifications if I'm having trouble (double jointed fingers).
I would encourage anyone to give it a try for 2 weeks to see for yourself! You won't regret it!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Physzique on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.