Dublin >Food & Dining > Koi Garden
4288 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA | Directions 9456837.705177 -121.865647
Lunch hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 3pm; Sat, 9:30am - 3:30pm; Sun 9:30am - 3:30pm. Dinner hours: Mon- Thu- 5pm - 9:30pm; Fri, 5pm - 10pm; Sat, Sun, 5pm - 9:30pm
Authentic Cantonese Restaurant – I had a fantastic authentic Cantonese dinner here. The food was even better than Koi Palace in Daly City. Service was pretty good but that was probably because there were a few very valued customers in our party.
Weeknight Special Family Dinner for 10 (9 Courses Banquet Style) (Photos uploaded for your enjoyment)
1) BBQ Meat Combo Deluxe - (5/5 Stars) - BBQ Pork and the Roasted Duck were very delicious. I could eat these all day long.
2) Honey Glazed Walnut Prawns - (5/5 Stars) - The best walnut prawns I had in the bay area. The sauce was smooth, sweet and not heavy. The prawns were lightly fried and with a very thin layer of batter. The best part was the freshly prepared honey glazed walnuts.
3) Sauteed Scallops with Diced Veggies - (2/5 Stars) - The taste was rather bland. Not my favorite.
4) Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Shredded Chicken - (4/5 Stars) - Loaded with tons of shark's fin. What more could you ask for?
5) Whole Fish Maw with Duck Web - (4/5 Stars) - Fish maw is a delicacy in Chinese cuisine mostly because of the associated health benefit it brings. The fish maw itself really does not have much of a flavor. The duck web was nicely seasoned. If you never had chicken feet at a dim sum restaurant before you might find this dish a bit too exotic. Not recommend for those who are not adventurous with food.
6) Steamed Crab with Roasted Garlic - (4/5 Stars) - Gigantic crab swimming in tasty garlic gravy.
7) House Renowned Concubine Chicken - (4/5 Stars) - Some people found the chicken head displayed on the plate a bit offensive. Personally I don't have a problem with it and I think the chicken was quite tasty.
8) Steamed Fresh Catch of the Day - (5/5 Stars) - I don't remember the kind of fish we had but I enjoyed it a lot even though I am not much of a fish eater.
9) Desserts - Red Bean Soup (I didn't try this), Tapioca Lychee Pudding (4/5 Stars), Sugar Egg Puff (5/5 Stars), Turtle Shell Extract Jello (5/5 Stars), Fresh Mango Pudding (3/5 Stars) and Red Date Jello (4/5 Stars).
(The Desserts are not part of the regular menu, They are complimentary because of the VIPs in our party =P)
If you could only have one dessert I would recommend the Turtle Shell Jello. For those who are less adventurous or prefer western style dessert, try the the Tapioca Lychee Pudding or the Sugar Egg Puff instead.
Food and service not worth the cost. Take your money to somewhere more deserving – If you're looking to spend $ for special memories, go somewhere else. The interior design is nice and cozy but is misleading about the quality of food and service.
My family is Chinese and we eat at Chinese restaurants all the time. We enjoy finding new places to eat.
Long story short, Koi Garden's food was mediocre and their service was terrible. We dined the night of Christmas day at 5pm where it was not at all busy yet. We confirmed the menu 3 days in advance, choosing from the Family Menu Abalone dinner for 8. We spoke with a the hostess on the phone about switching two of the dishes to other items so the meal would be less meat heavy. They said it was absolutely fine.
When we got to the restaurant at 5, they sat us down and told me that they had lost my order. When I told them my order and about the pre-approved changes to the menu, the manager was baffled by the changes, being completely unresponsive to my questions. I told him that someone had already said that it was doable, but he said otherwise. His English was incoherent. In the end, we were forced to stick with all the dishes that were outlined in the Family Menu Dinner for 8. Food was just not as good and we had lots of leftovers. A lot of the seafood was a bit tasteless :( and I Love seafood.
The food was not authentic Chinese food and tasted mediocre.
Service was slow and waiters were impolite and touches all the cups with their dirty hands. We were only helped when we had to raise our hands to stop other bus boys.
We were excited to try this new restaurant in Dublin. But their service is just too bad and their food too mediocre to be worth the cost. Please go somewhere else with your money to a place more deserving.
We were served raw pork! – I was so excited to have what I thought was a great dim sum restaurant opening in Dublin. I was very disappointed with the experiences I have had at this restaurant. I have been there 3 times since their grand opening hoping that it will get better. The service is usually slow but this last time was the final straw. This restaurant does a combination of written orders for certain types of dim sum and waitresses bringing out other kinds of dim sum. The wait staff ignored us and did not come to pick up our written order for more than 30 mins, then they lose it but don't tell us. After 30 mins of waiting for our order, we finally get the attention of a waiter and he apologizes and retakes our order. Well, our order takes an extremely long time to be delivered to our table. Finally, our last order is delivered, a pan fried PORK DUMPLING. My husband already ate one of the dumplings when I take a bite and realize that the dumpling was raw. THE PORK WAS COMPLETELY RAW! The waiter apologizes and takes the raw dumplings away. They did take the dumplings off of our bill...thanks? Overall it took us 2 hours to finish our meal because of the poor service. I would not recommend anyone going to this restaurant unless they would like to be served a possible case of trichinosis.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Koi Garden on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.