9420 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX | Directions 7755429.249021 -94.858526
Stay away from this rat hole – The management company will not respond to repeated request for maintence issues. We signed a six month lease while we were having some repairs done to our home. We were promised a heated pool that never materailized. They had lightbulbs that went out in bathroom. Because they were a special bulbs that normal stores like Lowes or Home Depot did not carry, as they went out one by one it became necessary that we purchase a lamp to take our showers. The elevators often did not work and the ground were kept dirty the entire stay. We started picking up around the place as we were embarrased to have company come over. When our lease was up we had to reschedule the walk through several times as the owner Miguel Prida was too busy on several occasions to "stop by." When he did finally come to do the walk through he walked in said everything was fine and we would mail us our $ 1,950.00 deposit back on monday, it never came. We finally, after several calls and e-mails recieved a return e-mail saying the place smelled like smoke when he went back a second time after the walk through and we would not be recieving our deposit back. Since we did not smoke in this unit we have been forced to take this company to court. If you want to NOT be ripped off stay away-as far away as you can. This is not isolated, we have spoken to many others that have had similar deposit issues. Just know any deposit they ask for will never be seen again.
the place had potential, POOR management service – the castaways management and i had agreed verbally and in writing that i will be checking in late. i was informed that since we were renting during the off-season, they are lenient about late fees and they would waive it.
the staff asked me what time i would arrive, and i informed her twice that i will NOT leave houston until 7pm. she some how misunderstood that and charged me a late check in fee because i didn't arrive By 7pm to galveston, despite verbal and written agreement.
worse, my husband and i discovered an array of things amiss in the unit. i paid $872.50+$30 late check-in fee through castaways management all for a very poorly kept unit. all our socks turned gray and several at least once a day, we'd pick up some kind of bug carcass that must have been blown out from the edges (there were dead bugs under night stands, along the edges of the walls, etc.)!
to add salt to our wound, i could have rented directly from oceangrovecondos website for $430 for the same time frame. we learned this after the fact. ARGH!!
we don't recommend renting through the castaways management group.
any ways, below lists the things we found during our stay, in no order of importance:
1. the patio light doesn't work
2. the tub jets do not work
3. the ottoman was damaged
4. the little vacuum did not work
5. the glass surface of the corner table in the living room was chipped with a sharp edge which we turned it into the corner for safety reasons.
6. the toilet seat in the master bath is loose
7. the mattress pads on both queen beds have debris, and are stained. the one in the m-bath is in worse condition than the other.
8. the blind in the bedroom with bunkbeds is broken; when pulled, only one side goes up
9. 2 out of 3 of the bar stools are wobbly and leaned
10. one of the dining chair's back is broken
11. none of the wall clocks work
12. About 3 feet of lower door trim missing in m-bath
13. there are two wall hangings missing in the master bedroom
14. the floor was very dirty, there were some large debris near the wall edges, dead insects (some type of bugs, they do not seem to be cockroaches)
15. shower and tub appeared unclean. there are visible residues in the tub while the shower seems to be slightly better.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Ocean Grove Condominiums on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.