Chicago >Food & Dining > Chicago's Home of Chicken & Waffles
3947 S King Dr, Chicago, IL | Directions 6065341.822511 -87.616581
Neighborhoods: South Side, Grand Boulevard
best waffle house – This is one of the best joints for soul food in chicago.
I had to write a review after reading the crap geecook wrote!!! The food is great so is the service food is tasty and fresh and just bout all the drinks have refills!!! maybe geecook needs to get his tastebuds check. I totally recommend this place!! great service great food
all with a laid back chill enviornment!!!
Roscoe's knock-off dissappoints one waffle at a time. – I don't know what happen since earlier in the spring when people were raving about this place, but let me assure you, THIS PLACE S@CKS! Here's why.
1: Their menu is based on breakfast food but they don't open until 9am.
2. Some abrasive dude with dreads sat us by the bathroom when the restraunt was virtually empty. He had no charisma, warmth, stlye or even a smile. I did not feel welcome.
3.We didn't get water until 20 minutes after being seated.
4. Both sets of silverware were dirty (this is first thing in the morning). Flatware was cheap plastic, even coffee cups.
5. I ordered coffee and got one tiny plastic mug for 1.50, no refills.
6. I ordered 1/4 white w/ waffles, the chicken was as plain as anything you would get from a high school cafateria. The waffles seems like eggo. No flavor, no interpretaion, just plain ole, plain ole. For $15 and all the hype, I expected more.
7. I could swear those were powdered eggs. The were disgusting.
8. They couldn't find any black staff to work the kitchen, in BRONZEVILLE?"
9. The only reason people seem to come is that the restraunt is located in a "food desert", meaing, they are the only game in town, with no competetion. It's a shame, the black community deserves better.
10. I can see why Roscoes didn't want their name associated with this bootleg outfit.
11. Please black people, your better off taking your hard earned money to supermarket and buying groceries then giving it to this clown. 1 breast + 1 wing+ 2 plain waffles+1 tiny cup of coffee+ two powdered eggs+ $15 AND UP.
Service with a smile – I was glad that the restaurant was open, I'm not to familiar with many Chicken and Waffles places. I convinced my boyfriend and his mother to go. The decor, atmosphere,food was great and the service was great too. Even my 14 month old daughter enjoyed the wings, waffles and side of mac and cheese. My daughter received great reviews from the servers and the head chef! The restaurant is smaller than expected and I was greatful to get there at the time we did because about 5 minutes after there was an unstoppable line with graduates, families, and friends. It is worth going!!
The lines are long for savory, spicy and sweet platters of chicken and waffles at this much-anticipated South Side hang. – In Short
A trademark infringement lawsuit lodged by an L.A. chicken shack prompted owners of this Bronzeville joint to change its name, but the lip-smacking soul food remains. Dark wood accents, earth-toned walls hung with paintings and pictures of African-American icons and a smattering of high-backed, upholstered booths and rich wood tables create an upscale feel. As jazz emanates through the space, hordes waiting for seating salivate over fried chicken and thin waffles with syrup, fried catfish and mac and cheese. Sides like yams, collard greens, grits and cornbread add sustenance; sprightly onion gravy is on hand to moisten what seems dry.
Photo by Jasmin Shah
Food was good but the service could be better – Myself and several co-workers were in town for business and went to Chicago's on our first night in. We were in town for a week.The food was good and we had an excellent server .Due to that great service we decided to make our last night of dining at Chicago's. To make a long story short our last night was nothing like our first night, the food was still good but the waitress we had was more concerned with the male diners at her stations then us who were all female. She took our orders but that was the extent of her interaction with us. The owners happened to be there that night and we spoke to them and voiced our concerns. They were very swift at speaking with the server, which we appreciated greatly. Other than the terible server we enjoyed the jazz music, artwork, and of course the food. Myself and my coworkers are back in Chicago and in tend to go back to Chicago's Chicken & Waffles but this time we are going to have our original server assist us.
The food was ok, if it wasn't for the rude service, i might go back. Server came to the table one time during the meal and was rude. Didn't ask the lady i was with it she needed anything. Never offered refills, how was the meal, just no service, and it was due to the person i was with. Will never eat there again.
Best food, Best service, Highly Recommend – My boyfriend and I had heard about this restaurant and decided that we would eat there on our last trip to Chicago. I was a little skeptical about chicken and waffles but I've heard good things about Roscoe's chicken and waffles. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated but that was okay. The place is kind of small but very tastefully decorated.The food here was EXCELLENT. I ordered a chicken breast and waffles with a side of mac and cheese. It was so good. The mac and cheese was homemade. The waffle was the best I've ever tasted. We also ordered a side of gravy, which was to-die-for! The prices are very reasonable. The service was terrific. Our waiter was super friendly and the manager came over to our table to make sure we were satisfied. We were!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Chicago's Home of Chicken & Waffles on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.