Woburn >Stone Product Manufacturers > International Stone Inc
10 Ryan Rd, Woburn, MA | Directions 0180142.503786 -71.141344
International Stone took a template for the granite on Dec 24,2013. Their contact first promised to get the stone installed by Jan 12, 2014 but after numerous calls they said they would install on January 24, 2014. On that day, numerous issues were noticed after their installation:
1. A big crack/dent was found on the granite counter top and it was easy to see that the stone that was selected and installed was defective.
2. On the back splash, the installer used a different granite piece of a different pattern/texture to make up for the remaining length of the back splash. The two back splash pieces did not match at all. If the installers had taken the template properly, the back splash (which was a straight piece of granite) would be one piece. Instead, the back splash looks ugly with two different granite pieces that did not match. Very unprofessional work.
3. As per Home Depot requirements, International Stone was supposed to clean, polish and seal the surface. In numerous places, it was clear that the installers did not bother to even clean and polish the counter top. The back splash was supposed to be grouted and sealed. This wasn't done either.
4. When the installers were using the heat gun, the fire alarm went off and remained on even after the installers left. The installers should have opened the windows and left fresh air in. The homeowners had to rush and get the local fire department to shut off the fire alarm. As per the fire department, the installers generated a lot of dust and clogged the firm alarm sensors and opening the windows and/or doors would have prevented this problem.
5. The most troubling issue was that there were numerous sharp blades left on the floor after the installers left. These blades were also found in the vicinity of the counter top and my six year old daughter was picking each of these pieces and handing them to me. Luckily no one was hurt.
I've handed over pictures of the work to Home Depot. International Stone is undoubtedly the most unprofessional and rudest company that one would deal with. Unfortunately, this is Home Depot's selected installer and the customer had no say in this.
Please avoid this company.
I recently had two projects completed by Internal Stone and could not of been happier. Both projects were completed earlier than the original date and look beautiful. They were always accommodating when I visited their office or meeting me at the warehouse. I have already recommended them to family and friends.
AWFUL!! My husband and I placed an order for cabinets and granite countertops back in April. Cabinets came in and have been installed for almost a month. We have just been waiting for granite and we were just told it would take another 2 weeks before they have time to install. 5 weeks for granite and terrible customer service. I have had to make multiple calls to set up appointments.
If you have International Stone for your installation, directly or from somewhere like Home Depot, you better make sure they give you a contact person with an extension, because they will never call you back and claim they had never received any of your massages. I had called them for a week to view the slab, but they never gave me a chance to. Of course they have to pick the one day that I can not be home for the installation. I had ordered and paid for the countertop five weeks ago; it took them two weeks to do the template, and another two to schedule the installation.
International stone provided and installed a Granite counter top in my kitchen, and in 3 bathrooms.... They did a seamless (literally) job, in a very timely manner. Their timing was precise and the people we very professional. A+!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of International Stone Inc on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.