Essex >Food & Dining > Village Restaurant
55 Main St, Essex, MA | Directions 0192942.635098 -70.782397
Hope you don't make the same mistake we did!! – My family and I tried this place (based on the good reviews - which we later realized were from their own website!). Here is the run down:
- The clams were beyond lousy. Shells, sand and a fishy flavor I wasn't even aware clams could have.
- The service tops the list of bad. No water, no checking on us -- and as we were walking out - other folks were complaining to the manager about their bad service. I guess the good news is -- we were sort of happy we weren't alone.
- Clam chowder was more like a broth and was made with cheap ingredients.
- Oysters were so small and sandy. You would think a place that specializes in clams and oysters would let them run through a couple of cycles of clean water to get the dirt out. Not so much.
- The interior was old, run down -- Me thinks this place has seen better days.
I would avoid at all costs! Beware!
Worth the Trip – A great place on the North Shore for seafood. Very moderate prices and the food is excellent. They have a wide selection of entree's. They accept reservations for larger groups.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Village Restaurant on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.