2116 6th Street, Sacramento, CA | Directions 9581838.569018 -121.504576
Open 24 hours
Neighborhoods: Southside Park, Central Sacramento
Looks can be deceiveing... – To fully appreciate my review, I need loads of space...but for now here is the short and sweet (bitter?) review of this Inn & Spa:
1. Confusion at check-in with inexperienced staff
2. Plenty of on-site parking (3 uncovered spots) is a bit overstated, most parking is on a public street.
3. Staff used offensive language, like the f-word, during an in-room repair call
4. Fireplace burned out during romantic interlude and ruined the mood
5. Window lever was broken
6. Shower head was broken
7. Staff did not clean off appetizer platter after guest broke wine glass over it (and later a guest bit into some glass shards).
8. Loud noise outside at 10pm (bar patrons, birds, cars, freeway) made it a less than relaxing getaway
9. Early morning cleanup by staff (7:15am) in the hallway made "sleeping in" impossible
10. Jets were pointed up on our jacuzzi tub, which caused water to go everywhere
11. TV/DVD lacked an instructions page in room guide
12. Perimeter doors were found unlocked on a few occassions
13. Room temperature could not be controlled (no central heat/air), less we opened the window (but then we wrestled with the noise outside).
14. 9am breakfast trays were still piled up on the community kitchen counter at 12:20pm.
15. Plasma TV was "pixelated" due to a lack of HDTV programming.
16. After we changed rooms due to the jacuzzi fiasco, the management made us feel responsbile for them not aiming the jets down or warning us first with a simple sign.
After all that they only offered a 20% refund just the lodging costs...the spa treatment ($240) was not included in the refund.
1. Free breakfast was tasty and filling
2. Free wine & cheese hour was a nice touch
3. Upscale decor & linens
4. Excellent on-site massages
5. King-size bed was comfy
Bottom line: Not recommended...and for the ridiculous prices, you're better off staying at the Sheraton Grand or Hyatt Regency.
Best bed I have ever slept in! – I was at the Inn at Parkside in January for a few days to go to a concert and I was blown away by the comfortable, classy and tasteful room that we had. Electric fireplaces, luxurious linen's and comfy pillows made us want to stay longer. Reminded me of staying at the Four Seasons. Can't wait to visit again!
Just a few Disappointments! – Took my "special someone" to the Inn at Parkside. This is the most money I have EVER spent on a place to stay. We stayed in The Kiss room and it was lovely. A big TV, tub for two, and beautiful linens. Luckily we did not use the bath salts or candle next to the bath (because a VERY small sign informed us that $30 would be charged to our room for use of these items-TRICKY!) Coffee and tea were available throughout the day but some home-baked cookies or juice would have been a nice touch. The wine and cheese at night were alright (but I do not drink alcohol so a non-alcoholic option would have been good). Frankly, from the pictures on their website I was expecting for there to perhaps to be some sushi and fruit as well (misleading). Also, they describe breakfast as being cooked by a gourmet chef, but you don't have to be a gourmet chef to cook a plain pancake which was served with fake syrup. Being served in bed was a nice touch though! While I was happy with the room, it was the other things which made me feel as if perhaps I paid a bit too much for this experience.
Excellent getaway – Definitely a great overnight getaway. The building is nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly. Some B & Bs that try to have a spa fall short....but not this place. The spa treatments were also top notch. We opted to have the morning breakfast served in our room. They even follow up with us on email offering free massages should we return. Overall: Great customer service, excellent food, comfortable and welcoming room, wonderful spa. We live in Sacramento and this is an excellent spot for an overnight getaway that keeps you close to home.
I fell in love with it! – This was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. It was the little touches that made the stay. There were fresh cookies in our room everyday and after our massages the theripist mentioned that he was dehydrated. The next morning, when we had breakfast in bed, there was a bottle of water on his tray. The breakfasts were delicious and it was so nice to stay in bed. The 24 hour jacuzzi was not to be missed and we found it so relaxing to sit in the back after hours. For their wine and cheese hours, they have choosen good cheese and wine. Our in keepers were more than happy to do whatever it took to make our stay comfortable. I plan on staying here again in the near future and look forward to it.
A convenient and romantic hotel within walking distance of the Capitol. – The Scene
This downtown Sacramento home was built in 1935 for the Chinese ambassador to the U.S. The small inn is surrounded, both front and back, by cherry and oak trees, landscaped gardens and tiled patios for relaxing in the sun. Guests can enjoy their breakfast in the backyard gazebo when it isn't being used for weddings.
Although remodeled in 2003, many charming period details have been preserved. Authentic features like stained glass ceilings fit side by side with eclectic faux-painted walls to create a quirky ambience. Seven unique guestrooms, some with fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs, center around themes like the Orient Express and the British Empire. While the hotel itself may not offer the amenities of a grand resort, active guests will likely find all they need at the neighboring Southside Park with its tennis courts, baseball diamond, swimming pool and jogging trails.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of The Inn at Parkside on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.