6325 Orchard Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI | Directions 4832242.545418 -83.360868
Mon-Sat 10am-5pm, Appointments Appreciated
AWFUL! STAY AWAY! – Where do I start....
1. I had an appointment and 10am and at 10:10 an associate floats by and says "It'll be a minute".
2. When I walk in she gives me any annoyed look for being the first client waiting outside the door for opening, asking, "What can I help you with, why are you here" as she stands next to an APPOINTMENT ONLY sign... ((I would be guessing I had an APPOINTMENT!)
3. After the sales lady asks which types of dresses I am interested in, she rudely keeps interrupting me telling me how I am using the wrong terms of mermaid vs. trumpet skirt...((I am sorry, this is the first time I am getting married and not overall familiar with the terms))
4. After hearing I wanted to stay in the lower box of prices they had available she huffs and puffs and opens a door to an overwhelming room stuffed of dresses and never checks back.
5. After I decided to not even attempt to try on bridal gowns, my bridesmaids and I glance through their bridesmaids dresses for ideas. Again, the saleslady NEVER checks on us as my two girls and I are holding arm fulls of dresses looking for the fitting room.
6. When we are done and picked out the top choices that we will look for at OTHER HELPFUL boutiques, we leave and say goodbye and don't hear her respond (She is at the counter talking to a friend) until the last one of us is out of the door.
I was incredibly surprised by the lack of customer service. I highly suggest all future brides to STAY AWAY from this hell hole. I have worked in retail for years and cannot entirely describe the disgust I had with this boutique. I would rather travel four hours and pay triple the price of a gown before I step foot in such a horrific place again.
Terrible!!!!! – The lady who operates this store gave me the impression she thinks she knows everything about every girl that walks through the doors. I had about 5 dresses to try on, she wouldn?t let me put any of my choices on first, she said they were not for me, and she had others that she liked instead. I hated everyone she chose for me, she was rude when I and my mom said we didn?t like them and could see I was getting frustrated.
When I finally got to put some of the ones I chose on, she left me alone in the fitting room to leave my Mom to help me out of the dress she had pinned and never came back to even say goodbye to us. When one of my friends went to point out a dress for me to the lady helping us, proceeded to say ?that dress is too mature for her, she wouldn?t like it? (I am 25...I never did get to try the dress on).
I would never recommend this place to anyone. She made looking for dresses absolutely terrible and not a fun experience. She never once smiled at even the small humor, was incredibly rude, not inviting in the least, and honestly made me feel like I was going to get screamed at if I did anything wrong. Customer service is far from their strong quality and their selection is definitely something you can find else where.
Always a pleasant experience – I purchased my bridal gown and 10 bridesmaids dresses at Maria's. They were always super friendly and helpful. I have also stood up in at least 5 other weddings who got their dresses there. Never had a problem with alterations or service. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and I have! They have so much to choose from, every time I go in the store it makes me want to get married all over again. After reading the above reviews I just had to write something because I am sure those people are in the minority. Unfortunately it appears that the only ones who say something are those that have something bad to say.
great for prom dresses – they had a wide variety of dresses that you could order in any color. they did all my alterations for free & had my dress ready for me in a couple of days. i have gotten all of my homecoming & prom dresses here.
Poor Customer Service – I have heard about so many bad experiences at Maria's Bridal that when it came time to order a wedding dress for my daughter, we didn't even consider them. We live in Rochester and it would have more convenient, but opted to go to a shop in Shelby Twp. Customer service is everything and the word on the street is that they are abrupt and rude.
Worst Bridal Shop Ever – This place is nice when you are trying on dresses. After the dress comes in they turn on you! First of all the girl doing my measurements smashed in my bust and the dress was ordered too small. They were rude to me during my fittings and did not try to help me at all. They said they could fix one part of my dress and when they could not, nobody bothered to call me. I showed up for my last fitting and they said "oh sorry, we could not fit that piece" so now here I am 2 weeks before my wedding with a dress that was ordered wrong - too small. Then rather than admitting their mistake the workers tried to justify their error with excuses. Poor place to go. They do not make a bride feel special, in fact every time I left there I was depressed.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Maria's Bridal Couture on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.