Novi >Live Theatre >
Theatres >Andiamo Novi Theater
42705 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI | Directions 4837542.477948 -83.467448
Show times: Wed. 8pm, Fri. 8pm, Sat. 7pm & 9pm and Sun. 5pm.
Watch out for scam – Tried redeeming my certificates within two weeks of the expiration date. Andiamo told me the shows are sold out but would be happy to upgrade me to a different show if I pay an extra $35 per Groupon. I asked If I could stick with the original package and skip the show; just have the dinner because it is in their regular part of their restaurant and have nothing to do with the seating capacity of the show. I was told that it is not possible because comedy and dinner is all one package. WT* ??? This an obvious attempt of bait & switch. Andiamo knows how many pre-paid certificates have not been redeemed and yet they go ahead and sell the seats to non-prepaid customers. Their explanation was they do not want to lose business because some prepaid customers may not show. So what !!! if everybody showed up. Andiamo would had to provide dinner because these were pre-paid. If nobody showed up. Andiamo still get to keep the price of the pre-paid certificates AND save on the cost of the unclaimed food. And if you factor in the people who went for the $35 upgrade and the added over-booked tickets sold. Andiamo has a WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN business model. They are not losing a bit by over selling their show. What is the incentive for running an honest business ? By the way. Their food is not bad but over-priced.
I was celebrating my wife's 30th birthday with a large group of friends (16 people from all around town) and we thought it would be fun to check out Second City in Novi. The show was "Kwame a River: The Chronicles of a hip-hop mayor". Here's a step-step walk-through of the night.
1) We hand over our tickets and they let us in but there's one big problem...there's only a few seats left and they're scattered all over the place.
2) He informs us that they accidently seated a smaller group of 12 in the area that should be ours. I ask if he can have them move to where they were supposed to be. He tells ME to calm down, and "If I want to...ask them to move myself."
3) I ask the guy who tooks our tickets if we can get a refund since there's no seats left, he says no "It's all done through.Take it up with them".
4) I ask for the manager and inform him I've spent hundreds of dollars on seats that don't exist and invited guests from all over the metro area, is there ANYTHING he can do to fix the matter. He tells me "You respect me and I'll respect you".
5) I ask him to start treating the customer like a victim not the criminal. He doesn't understand what that means.
6) He offers me some buy one get one free coupons.
7) All 16 patrons leave upset and in disbelief. Everyone agrees that they will NEVER patronize Second City again. In fact, they will do everything in they're power to make sure that nobody else pays good money for such criminal service.
8) The group of 16 sends mass nagative emails to everyone at their place of business. I my case, it's 1,400 people.
9) They write negative reviews on every website that concerns Second City.
10) They MAKE SURE Second City loses thousands of dollars in future ticket sales.
11) They realize the parallel between Kwame Kilpatrick and Second City Novi. No class, stupid, blame it on the white guy mentality.
The Detroit version of this celebrated Chicago comedy institution is one of only three permanent venues in North America. – In Short
This ever-changing troupe of actors/comedians puts the fun back in non-refundable. Some shows are scripted and others are based on improvisation, with some occasional help from the audience. The material constantly references the local area; anyone with knowledge of the metro area is sure to smile at a title such as "Gratiot Happens". The 350-seat cabaret-style theater also houses an Italian restaurant, a bar and The Deck (a dual-level rooftop terrace with music and dancing).
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Andiamo Novi Theater on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.