Massage >A Healthy Knead By Shantel
414 S Main St Ste 203, Rochester, MI | Directions 4830742.681219 -83.133699
Very welcoming!!...professional, relaxing,...I have had massages all over & In different states..A Healthy Knead Has been In business for years..because their good!!! Have excellent techniques to work out stress, sciatic, Neck pain & lower back. the complimentary herbal tea is Amazing too!! Thank You Shantel & staff
Awesome massage, best ever – I have been here twice, and both times I have left relaxed, without pain and eager for my next appointment!
They are very affordable. They gave me the intro price twice now which was very nice of them.
They really take the time to focus on all the little extra things that make a massage experience more relaxing. They ask you if you want music, have heated tables if you want them, and use essential oils that smell phenomenal at no extra cost.
They took me as last minute appointments, and because traffic was really bad I was about 10-15 minutes late each time and they stayed over for me. May places will dock the treatment time but they were really understanding.
As for the massage itself, I have no words. I have received a massage from shantel and John, and both were phenomenal. Shantel almost has a sixth sense about things- its like her hands can sense where you have pain. John is an excellent therapist if you like a lot of pressure, but all of them will adjust to what you tell them. I have had sinus and migraine issues for a really long time, and after a massage with Shantel I was practically pain-free for two weeks and NOTHING has done that. I had John's massage recently and have been pain-free since then as well......and I can't possibly thank them enough. They all are passionate about what they do, and it shows!
I'm upset that I didn't know about them before and wasted so much money at other massage places only to receive subpar massages. The only bad thing about coming to A Healthy Knead is that they ruined other massage places for me because my expectations have increased immensely.
I will be getting a massage for my mom and tell everyone I know how great they are.
A few of the cons that are REALLY minor:
- the place is hard to find because it is sort of in a nondescript building. Very minor issue.
- technically they have a two dollar charge to use a credit card, but they never actually charged me for this. I don't know if they just made an exception each time or if this rule is no longer in place.
- they can't take tips on the credit card, and I wanted to tip each of them a lot because they were each phenomenal. I didn't know they couldn't take tips until the last time I went, so the next time I go I will make sure to have cash because they are phenomenal.
- John is a phenomenal masseuse with a leader dog. It would have been nice if someone had mentioned this ahead of time- I had absolutely no problem with it but for example I know that a friend of mine is afraid of dogs (bit when she was younger) so a heads up would have been nice. The leader dog is so well-behaved and gentle that he/she won't ever be a problem, but sometimes people have strange phobias that can interfere with their ability to relax.
- after a massage from this place, you will be disappointed with massages from many other locations if you have to get one. They will raise your expectations of what a good massage is!
I have had two phenomenal massages, and will be back shortly! They are just amazing. I don't know which massage I liked better- they were both uber-relaxing and they got rid of my pain!
"Wonderful Massages by very well trained Shantel" – I have tried every therapist. The therapy is real.. Most of the staff have been working for Shantel for many years. They are like one happy family Karen, works with moms and golfers because she is one :) Then there is the best deep tissue specialists Deidre, John and Shantel (John is with a yellow Lab his name is a company secret because he is from the Leader School)cool
all are great. If you really want a to be good to yourself try Ana for a Diva Day she is from Brazil and gives a great facial.
Should be named an "UNPROFESSIONAL, PUSHY Knead by Shantel." Owner has an ego the size of the Sears Tower & an attitude to match! – I received poor customer service, pushy sales tactics, and a very poor phone manner from the owner herself! Very agressive when pushing her spa packages. Seemed she was more about selling and pushing products than caring about the relaxation of her clients. Staff would be better off with someone else at the helm. You will definitely need a "healthy knead" after meeting Shantel. Her bossy, pushy, aggressive "customer service" style is anything but pleasant or relaxing! I found the massage services in Birmingham (Margot's) and even the new Massage Envy in Rochester to offer a better massage service and a better price, without the "uppity" vibe and pushy sales tactics from Shantel at A Healthy Knead.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of A Healthy Knead By Shantel on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.