Catering >Club Monte Carlo
50265 Van Dyke Ave, Shelby TWP, MI | Directions 4831742.664609 -83.033981
Daily, 10am - 6pm
As of December 20th, 2013 the banquet hall is under new managment/ownership. Check it out! I think everyone will be very impressed with the new high level of service!
worst venue ever. they completely ruined my daughter's event and we were treated with more disrespect than I can even believe!!! it's all a scam. they forced my husband to pay for extra charges they had promised in our contract. short staffed with awful food. i have called repeatedly to speak with the manager but not once have they ever called back. save your money and time. DO NOT GO HERE!! I tell everyone I know to stay away!
HORRIBLE VENUE WITH HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! First of all, there is NO CUSTOMER ELEVATOR. My 95-year-old grandmother had to wait 10 MINUTES for the FREIGHT ELEVATOR IN THE KITCHEN. A manager came out and said the elevator was occupied and he would bring us in within a couple minutes. We waited patiently for five, then asked another employee. After another five minutes, they finally led us through the kitchen, where food service personnel were NOT wearing gloves, hairnets, etc (I wish I hadn't already eaten food from that nasty kitchen--it was average at best and probably completely unsanitary considering random customers have to walk through the kitchen to use the ONLY elevator) to the elevator. As we exited the building, we found the manager (who never returned after telling us to wait a couple minutes) SMOKING out back. Apparently getting his nicotine fix was more important than taking care of elderly disabled customers. The exit was right by a dumpster. In what world is this up to building code?! When we confronted the manager, he was EXTREMELY RUDE. I have never been so disappointed, angered, or offended by such a pathetic excuse for management and customer service. I hope the city checks out this place and puts them out of business! I would not with this awful experience on anyone, so please don't book here for your own good!
Staff was terrible. Bartender was high and the other one was always missing. We removed the plates from our table. Coffee cups on table but couldn't get any coffee. Glasses and silverware were dirty. Terrible hall,
DO NOT USE CLUB MONTE CARLO FOR ANY EVENTS (Michigan)
Reading this you may think I'm making this up, but I'm telling the 100% honest truth.
Where to start...
... My cousin and his wife had their reception here last weekend and they were so severely understaffed they:
1. No Champagne for the toast for most - Didn't pass out the champagne for the toast at the beginning like they were supposed to. Instead, some people got them, after dinner, some got them after the toast and others never got them at all.
2. No Water - No one got water at their table, even after asking for it.
3. If you weren’t sitting in your seat when they were delivering something, you had to hunt someone down and ask them to bring it. Sometimes they would.
4. Bussed our own tables - We had to remove the dirty dishes from our own tables
5. No Coffee - Even after asking for coffee after dinner we never got it so one table actually went back into the kitchen and got it themselves.
6. Made Me Sick - My mother and I couldn’t eat the meal because we have Celiac’s and the food had gravy on it. I politely asked for 2 plates of food with no gravy. They gave us breaded chicken (which would make me sick), and potatoes with gravy on them. This was weird because no one else had gravy on their potatoes. I only noticed it after eating one and felt sick. I asked again for food with no gravy, from 2 different people. It never came.
7. Attitude from (some of) the staff - When the guy brought out the desserts to our table, there were still dirty dishes on it and he huffed that there was no room for the dessert tray and asked us to make some room on the table.
8. Where's the Bartender? - There were times the bartender was gone so long (30minutes or more) we went behind the bar and started serving our own drinks. There was one time he was gone so long we even ran out of glasses so my uncle went into the kitchen and grabbed a couple trays of glasses out of the dishwasher so we would have something to drink out of.
9. No TP in the Women's Bathroom - The women’s bathroom was out of toilet paper for so long, people started to use paper towels, which started plugging up the toilets so my other cousin’s wife asked for the key so she could put more toilet paper in there herself.
To add insult to injury, the owner was supposed to call the groom yesterday (1st business day after the event) and he/she never did. Also the bride and groom went back the next day to pick up their decorations and cake (hall never cut & served their cake) and the hall was using the decorations for another party and serving their cake to another party!! When they talked to the owner on Wednesday his response to everything was "So take me to court and sue me".
DON’T USE THIS VENUE!
READ AND BOOK FOR ANY CELEBRATION – Our 50th wedding anniversary was a smashing success due to the care taken by the managers at CMC.
The meal was exceptional - served promptly at my timeline - I was consulted before anything happened. The centerpieces for the tables were done by Marlene Brown a recommendation and Chair Bows done by Linen Closet also recommended - Wonderful is all I can say about these recommendations. I would highly recommend Club Monte Carlo and any recommendations to anyone with an upcoming celebration. Celebrated on Saturday August 13, 2011
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK!!! – I just had my wedding there Feb, 5th. The food was good, and most of the staff were good. I was upset with the way the head table was put together. It was duck taped. Well needless to say it didn't hold up! The Best Man went to stand up and over the table went. My bouguet was cought on fire from the candles on the table, and all the glasses broke!! The manager never even said he was sorry. Infact he was very rude. Then he told his wait staff to just duck tape it again. They didn't clean the glass very good because an hour later some left over glass went right through someones shoe. After I waited 20 mins to see the manager his first question was "why was she walking around with no shoes on?" She did have her shoes, but the glass went right through and into her foot. I have been calling ever since my wedding and the hall will not call me back. I would think twice before you book anything at this hall!!!
All An Act – At our wedding reception the owner pulled us out of our own party for about 35 minutes to let us know he was charging us for something not included in the contract. After we explained to him several times the only money we had on us was in the bartender's tip jar. He finally let us go and most of our guests left or were too drunk to care about the bouquet toss and the gardner removal. He specifically waited until after he noticed the groom was already tipsy.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Club Monte Carlo on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.