Printing >Millbrook Printing Co
3540 Jefferson Hwy, Grand Ledge, MI | Directions 4883742.755443 -84.772279
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 5pm;Sat. - Sun. CLOSED
Mismanagement – It's difficult to rate a company that can do wonderful work on one order but do an outrageous screw-up on the next.
They do a lot of trade work (for other companies in the industry) and are very good at being discrete, but the quality of work is a bit inconsistent. The people you work with (which changes) can be difficult or even surly, especially in pre-press. The people you rarely see - press, bindery and shipping- are a great bunch of guys, but the rest seem to have a difficult time coping with the stresses of deadlines. Their pricing is fair but they will adjust upward over time if they think they are spending more time with you than they think necessary. Pre-press charges like a law firm, for every imaginable second of work, sometimes incredibly so. The company seems to be more preoccupied with their PR than keeping employees and customers. The people at the top (especially one) is involved with the PIM organization but it's not enough to cover the warts on that company.
I personally think that the President should retire to FLA or as far away as possible and turn the company over to someone who has some management skills. Problems at companies like Millbrook emanate from the top.
If offered a job interview at this company - RUN AWAY!!! – I worked at Millbrook Printing for 3 years as a department head
- I learned a LOT about color management
- Good pay with average benefits
- Excellent health care coverage (Expensive though)
- Managed by a total control freak! Micro manager to the nth degree
- Extremely low morale across the board - I truly don't think that there was a happy person in the plant. This was OK at first, but wore me down after a while
- Fairly high turn over - not excessive, but definitely high
- two pay cuts in one year! One was for 6%, and the next for 10%
- Work load shrinking every day. $8 million when I started - under $4 million when I left
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Millbrook Printing Co on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.