6605 Delmar Blvd, St Louis, MO | Directions 6313038.656262 -90.305548
Neighborhoods: University City, Saint Louis
The brew of choice here is root beer, accompanied by meaty, satisfying comfort food. – In Short
Fitz's is a different sort of microbrewery--it brews root beer, made from a 1947 formula that includes roots, herbs, bark and cane sugar. Patrons watch Fitz's root beer, orange pop and cream soda being brewed, bottled and labeled on site through a towering glass wall in the two-story dining room. Cheese-heavy, satisfying dishes include the Elvis burger, topped with coleslaw and barbecue sauce, or a Milan pizza made with sweet roasted-garlic tomato sauce.
Awesome – I love Fitz's! The waiters are friendly and not just concerned with getting you in and out of there. The food is great, and priced good too. The surroundings are great, and very comfortable. It's in the middle of the Loop so if there is a long wait you can go shopping at one of the nearby, unique stores.
Great Hamburger Joint – My 13 & 14 year old boys think this is the greatest hamburger joint ever! I have had better, but the bottling in the background is a great sight to see. If we are ever near the loop, they always ask to eat at Fitz's. We also enjoy the walk of fame as we leave.
Like watching paint dry. – Came in from out of town. Used City Search and got some other good ideas. But Fitz's was not one of them. Called ahead for a group of 10 twice. Table not ready.
1. Food was poor - Chicken Parm was burnt in the fryer. TWICE. Hint it isn't supposed to be BLACKENED!
2. Service was slow - one server for the room. Girl kept apologizing about how slow things were. Said kitchen was worse.
3. Nothing to keep the kids happy while waiting for slow food. Watching a non-moving assembley line is like watching paint dry.
4. NO GAMES FOR ANYTHING FOR THE KIDS
5. Loud rap music so conversation was near impossible.
6. Free soft drink refils worthless when you can't find your server.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Fitz's Soda Bar & Grill on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.