145 Pierpont Ave, Salt Lake City, UT | Directions 8410140.763653 -111.895543
Sat-Sun: 10am-2am, Mon-Fri: 11am-2pm
Neighborhoods: Rio Grande
Great sports bar...not so great drinks – I went to lumpys quite a bit my first few months here in Utah and I liked it, I knew one of the female baretenders so getting drinks was easy. But when I would go by myself getting a drink was like pulling a tooth. The bathroom was ALWAYS flooded and out of toilet paper. The security was nice and always really friendly. The food is AMAZING, I highly recommend the wings. But good luck ordering them. Overall if you dont want to drink it's a great place to go. Tons of tvs for sport events but live bands are play there and it just gets too loud to talk.
Good Service, friendly atmosphere – Though heavy on the sports scene, the atmosphere was good and friendly. As soon as I needed another drink, someone was there to take my order.
Being there with a friend was enjoyable, as they were impressed too !
I look forward to being there again.
With the attention to detail and service, I will be sure to be back.
Terrible – On my birthday, I watched the Packers beat the Seahawks at Lumpy's, or should I say, Dumpy's downtown. That was the only good thing. The bad? Allow me to list:
1) The front door sticks open, making it cold inside the vestibule (today it was 27). The door person, who I assume is mandated to wear skimpy, warm-weather gear, was cold too, so she insisted on keeping the inside door open as well, making us all cold instead of just her. I wouldn't blame her if she'd taken a little initiative and locked the sticking door and made a sign directing patrons to use the good door, like I'd suggested no less than 3 times. Sorry, but the customer's comfort comes before that of the wait staff.
2) The manager (I'm assuming) stood in front of the stuck open door and when I asked if we could close it said, "It sticks sometimes". First off, no, it sticks ALL the time and secondly, then why the hell doesn't she close it when she's standing in front of it?! Truly pathetic.
3) If that's not bad enough, the shift change happened and the new door girl sat inside (smart) but refused to get her lazy ass off the stool she was on and close the door when it stuck open. She just sat and texted away. Zero effort.
4) Every time I go here (which has become less and less) there's a new broken toilet and the ones that were broken last time are still broken. LDT now has two out-of-service women's toilets and one OOS men's urinal.
5) The Bloody Mary I ordered was paltry, in a tumbler with maybe a half shot of vodka in it. I think the main ingredient was ice. I ordered a mimosa and Lumpy's was out of champagne. I drank the last of their Bailey's and was afraid if I asked for another drink, they'd be out of that as well. But that didn't happen because...
6) Our server (who was training a new server), decided to take a break in a back booth (out of the cold) for an hour. That's right, I watched the end of the Packers' game and most of the first half of the Eagles' without anyone asking me if I'd like another drink. The bouncer had to tell her we needed our check. And I'm assuming this "effort" will be continued by the new trainee.
Seriously, the only saving grace there is the server named Lena. Unfortunately, we weren't lucky enough to get her this time.
Don't go unless you, a) aren't thirsty and, b) are wearing K2 survival gear. It's not worth it.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Lumpys Downtown on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.