Cary >Education >
Colleges >ITT Technical Institute
3200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 105, Morrisville, NC | Directions 2756035.850901 -78.804203
ITT Technical Institutes are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in today's fastest growing career fields, including electronics, web development, computer programming, computer drafting and design, criminal justice, business and health sciences.
The six schools at the ITT Technical Institutes teach skills and knowledge that can be used to begin careers in our global technology-driven culture.* Most curricula have been designed to blend traditional classroom learning with applied learning concepts taught in a laboratory environment.
With over 100 locations nationwide and online programs available, we offer convenient class schedules.
A world of opportunity awaits at ITT Technical Institutes. Visit our website to learn more.
* Not all ITT Technical Institutes have all six schools.
Terrible, Fraud, Beware! – I went to school here, they basically give people degrees just so they keep paying and itt tech corporate beats earnings. They also sucker you into private high interest rate loans that you end up in a really bad position. GO to wake tech or another state funded school. The for profit colleges from my experience was a total rip off.
Honesty - From An Insider!! (Part 1) – I worked at ITT Tech and I can tell you from personal experience that this place is a ripoff of major proportions. There are a few pluses that I will cover, but the bad FAR outweighs the good. I worked in the Recruiting department and it is the life blood of the school. Without recruiters and the slick sales presentation we are taught, the scam would be transparent and the class rooms empty. Here's how it works...
The recruiters receive leads from various sources, but mostly from people who have gone on their website or called the 800 number after seeing one of the B.S. commercials that ITT Tech runs. The recruiters then call the kids over and over until they tell they either threaten to sue if we don't stop calling or agree to come in for an appointment. As soon as the potential student walks in the door the sales pitch begins.
First the recruiter walks you through the Raleigh "campus", which is a joke in itself. It's just a bunch of classrooms and a few small offices. The classrooms are filled with outdated equipment or novelty crap that no one uses. I'll explain that later.
We were told that the tour had to last at least 30 minutes, and then the "interview (sales pitch) would begin. You are taken into a small room and the recruiter shows you more bogus ITT Tech commercials. The you take a placement test that any 8th grader could pass. As soon as you show any interest whatsoever you are hurried over to the Financial Aid Office (think car sales manager) and the financial advisors go for the jugular.
That's a basic rundown of you visit. Now let's talk about the pro's and cons:
Education at what cost: Review continued in Comments section – If you want to waste money, then I can give you my address.
There are things that are too good to be true, and ITT and their fancy new campus location is one of these examples. There are things that are good about the school, don't get me wrong, the bad just far outway the bad. A main indication of how well a school is run is from the review written by "not shown 111"; This review is written by the Director of the Campus, I know this by the spelling and grammar. If you attend the school and speak with her enough you will find this to be true!
Ok time for honesty: The good
- Classes are small which does provide good face time with the instructors
- Instructors are willing to help you
- Generally the staff is pleasant and nice
- Certain elements of the material we learned are beneficial
- Financial Aid is provided to assist with loans which is good
- Career Services will assist you with getting jobs, most jobs provided range from $10-$14; only a very few students got anything over that, and that is after graduation
- The staff will not tell you that your credits WILL NOT transfer (they will lie to your face); which is why I attended there since I was told they would
- You CAN NOT switch between programs. This was lied to my face as well; so if you want to switch from CNS to Electronics you will have to take extra classes which is QUITE expensive to do so
- The teachers will do anything they can to help you. This sounds good right?! This is a true story. One semester my friend DID NOT attend 8 weeks of class due to his vehicle being broke down; 8 out of 11 weeks. The teachers and faculty did everything they could to allow him to turn his work in. He ended up with a C average for the semester which was higher than 2 students in the same classes that attended the entire semester and were held to project deadlines.
- The teachers pay is based on how the students perform, I can personally guarantee this since it is covered online for all faculty or students to see if you know where to look. This will guarantee that you can't fail which is good but if you attend every class and put full effort to your success it isn't fair when students who don't try or don't care get the same grade you do since the teachers want to ensure they get their full 100% of their pay
- There are students you will go to school with that could kill you. My first year of classes a fellow classmate was arrested and convicted of 1st degree murder, he attended class the day after he killed his girlfriend. There is no background check that is done on you, so rapist and murders welcome!
- For Engineering students: The material you learn is outdated and useless in the real world. Here are a few examples:
Microprocessors: 8051 was used in the 80s and is obsolete
Networking Concepts: The entire book is based on dialup
Programming: We were taught Python and Raptor; near obsolete language and has been since the 90s
The few classes that were relevant such as Digital and Analog circuits, the labs would not work or the parts are not provided in the box we were given. We ended up having to skip them or do them in a simulation which negates the first hand knowledge
Please - give me a break – This "college" - for-profit school - is a joke.
ITT like all other for-profit colleges recruites the poorest low-end of our society in order to rape the federal school loan program.
The school is filled with criminals and GED holders.
Like the other reviewer said: You've been warned.
Tuition is $550 a credit hour. Go to a community college and pay $60 per credit hour.
Warning: This is a business that happens to own a school. This place is all smoke and mirrors.
You have been warned!
Before you read my review, please do yourself the favor and open Google, or yahoo and search for the following articles:
Search for "new york times for profit schools"
Search for "pbs for profit schools"
You will find an articles about how these school use deceptive practices to lure new students!
President Obama is aware of this and is starting to crackdown on these types of "for profit' schools.
Search google or yahoo for:
"government for profit school crackdown"
I went for a tour of the building 2 times and found out that:
They charge $20,000.00 per year for only classes. No dorm room and no meal plan. The government has recently started cracking down on schools just like this.
NOTE: The credits that you earn at this school WILL NOT transfer to any other school other than an ITT. So if you earn an associates degree, you can NOT goto another school like NC State or Carolina, etc.
The Marketing representatives are obviously trained to use clever language to disguise this fact. They are required to privide you with a slick reply of "It's up to the school that you want to transfer to to accept the credits."
They know full well that a degree from ITT will not transfer.
The majority of students that goto this school are veterans, ex-gang bangers or older people that can't get into any other school. They take advantage of people that can get into any other school.
They will make Financial Aid available really easily from different banks or the government. You will get a degree that will get you a job that pays $8-$15 per hour and you will go bankrupt when you have to pay it back.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Goto Wake Tech, Goto Durham Tech, or any Community College that is Nationally Accredited!
NOT Regionally Accredited! There is a HIGE Difference.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Don't be fooled by all of the smoke and mirrors at ITT.
ITT doesn't have a clue – It's amazing the idiocy you can experience from this place. From the carreer educator idiot Cynthia who doesn't get a clue...to the director of the whole deal who cant even print up your diploma correctly...to the idiot finance who can't figure out how to slot you into classes and you have to go about 3 times.. Then I start my classes and I'm the only one that does any of the assignments everybody else just sits there, if they even come to class!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of ITT Technical Institute on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.