Plano >Attorneys > Daniel Swayze
3804 Clearwater Ct., Plano, TX | Directions 7502533.075399 -96.765506
Mon 09:00 AM-05:00 PM;Tue 09:00 AM-05:00 PM;Wed 09:00 AM-05:00 PM;Thu 09:00 AM-05:00 PM;Fri 09:00 AM-05:00 PM
Neighborhoods: Briar Meadow
Unethical, Non-Responsive, and Incompetent Scam Artist – 2/24/11 Update:
Mr. Swayze contacted the attorney representing me yesterday and threatened to sue in an attempt to bully / frighten me into deleting my post below. Naturally, there is no concern as the original post is true to fact with supporting evidence. I am now seriously considering sending this new information regarding Mr. Swayze’s threat to the NY Bar and OED.
Original 2/19/11 post:
First, let me start by saying I am not one to write reviews, especially if there is nothing positive to say. Matter of fact, this is my first time writing a negative comment regarding anyone in a public forum; however, I wholeheartedly believe the people and profession must be protected from Mr. Swayze as he is a predator of the worse kind.
Second, allow me to validate that I have creditability with regard to intellectual property attorneys in general. Over the last 18 months the USPTO has received 19 of my patent applications and I have had the pleasure of working with multiple intellectual property attorneys over this period.
Now for an objective review of Mr. Swayze, the facts follow in chronological order:
1) I hired Mr. Swayze in summer of 2010.
2) Mr. Swayze performed a prior art search and identified patents / applications for my review.
3) Mr. Swayze transmitted the results of the prior art search 13 days after his letter indicated completion of the search and ONLY after I requested a status.
4) After requesting a status on my patent application, Mr. Swayze sent me the WRONG patent application for an entirely different inventor and disclosed someone else’s invention.
5) Mr. Swayze subsequently transmitted a patent application for my invention.
6) The patent application he prepared for me was mostly PLAGIARIZED content from the identified patents / applications of the prior art search. Mostly meaning over 70% verbatim; I have evidence to prove this statement.
7) My follow up questions, comments, and concerns communicated to Mr. Swayze were NOT addressed.
8) Mr. Swayze did not rewrite my patent application and REFUSED to refund my money.
9) I hired another attorney for civil action against Mr. Swayze.
10) Other attorneys reviewing Mr. Swayze's work product and communications advised me to file complaints with the New York Bar and the USPTO Office of Enrollment and Discipline (OED).
11) Mr. Swayze claimed he spent over 52 hours working on my application under a fixed fee arrangement.
12) A seven (7) page compliant letter with 32 exhibits has been sent to both the NY Bar and the OED and an investigation is underway.
13) A civil suit is outstanding against Mr. Swayze.
Currently, Mr. Swayze is under review and I expect the NY Bar and OED to take appropriate action to protect the public from him. Additionally, I anticipate a favorable outcome in court against Mr. Swayze. I only wish I could attach to this website all the evidence sent to the NY Bar / OED for the reader’s benefit.
Mr. Swayze lives in Texas, but is registered as an attorney in New York. This provides a natural insulation from most people that would file a complaint. If you have been wronged by Mr. Swayze, please help to protect others by writing the NY Bar and OED:
State of New York
Committee on Professional Standards
40 Steuben Street
Albany, NY 12207
PO Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450
There are many, many great patent attorneys working throughout the nation that will charge less than Mr. Swayze’s rates and NOT plagiarize other works. If you plan to spend thousands on a patent application, first spend a few hours researching the attorney you are considering hiring. Ask for references of previous inventors and when interviewing them ask for their patent application number(s) to validate they were actually a client.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Daniel Swayze on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.