Raleigh >Taxis & Shuttles >
Taxis >Cardinal Cab
713 N West St, Raleigh, NC | Directions 2760335.789643 -78.645198
24 hours a day/Seven days a week
CARDINAL CAB SUCKS!!! – If it was my choice they would not even get a one star rating because Cardinal Cab is the worst cab service I have ever experience first off I called at 11:15pm and they told me the wait would be 15minutes, however at 12:15 the taxi driver had not shown up. In between this time I had called several times and there was no answer the times they did answer that gave me a bs lie that the taxi driver was 7-8minutes away. If you are in a hurry or want to be somewhere on time don't even waste your time or money with these people.
HORRIBLE SERVICE! – Cardinal Cab had horrible customer service, showed up over an hour late for my pick up, didn't listen, and had rude employees with attitudes. The lady called me back four times asking if I "still needed a cab" 30 minutes AFTER my scheduled pick-up AND when I had made no notion of canceling or changing any times whatsoever. Cardinal Cab is very unprofessional, unreliable, and has a lack of communication with their customers. I was very dissatisfied by their service and would highly recomend WALKING as opposed to taking this taxi service.
WALK BEFORE YOU CALL THEM. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE – Same reason - Should have went to City Search first - Made reservation to pick up at 4:15 AM for 5:30 Flight out of RDU - at 4:22 AM I had to call them - Dispatcher says they are under staffed and needed to wait 15 minutes. I advised her that my flight departs at 5:30 AM and if that they were understaffed why didnt anyone call me so that I can make other arrangements - NO Response!!! Are you flipping kidding. Had to wake up wife and children to drive me to airport - after doing my best OJ Simpson (Hertz Commercial) imitation I made it just in time to the gate. When I called to speak to Supervisor - 2 days later Jenner calls to give me a lame excuse and apologize -when I asked if he was going to offer anything for my inconvenience or that of my family he said no. NO CUTOMER SERVICE...This guy has no clue!
Avoid...Avoid...Avoid!!! – I concur 100% with LET2: HORRIBLE SERVICE and for the same reason. The day before Thanksgiving I called and made a reservation for a cab to pick me up at 4:45am on Thanksgiving; my flight was departing at 6:00am. When the cab was not at my home at 4:45am, I called and spoke with the dispatcher who told me not to worry....he had dispatched a cab a few minutes earlier and the driver would arrive in a few minutes. (Why arrangements had not been made the prior day when I made my reservation is beyond me.) A few minutes later, the driver called me to say there was no way he could be at my home in a few minutes and that he would call the dispatcher to see if they could get someone else to come faster. Then I called the dispatcher, who told me that I should probably drive myself! By then it was 5:00am. Fortunately, I live close to the airport and I was able to get there and parked by 5:30am...and, more fortunately, I made my flight! But, I was stressed out and furious to be put through that on Thanksgiving day. A terrible way to begin my holiday. When I returned to Raleigh, I called the company and asked to be reimbursed for my parking fee of $60. After two weeks of total runaround, including the owner trying to negotiate me down (despite my faxing him a receipt), I gave up. Instead--just as I told him I would--I am posting this review to warn off other unsuspecting customers. Stay away from this cab company....I have yet to find one that is totally reliable in Raleigh, but this is the worst experience with a cab company I have had in 10 years of living here.
Horrible Service! – Please don't ever use this company! They take reservations and do not keep them! We made two separate reservations to pick us up and were guaranteed that a driver would be contacting us when at the provided phone number when the cab arrived. We were at the location outside waiting and never received a phone call. When I called the company to inquire about our reservation I was told there were no cabs available. I asked about the reservation made and was told "to bad" and that I should contact management on Monday about my distaste with the reservation process. Why do they even have that option if they don't plan on keeping a reservation to their customers? Horrible customer service. I would walk home before I ever gave that company my money! I would like to give them no stars at all but this site won't allow me to do that.
If you dont want a cab..call this one – I did not know fake cab companies like this even existed. I ordered a taxi the night before my trip to the train stations. The next morning, they told me repeated lies and after it too late to call another cab they admited they had not planned to send a cab. They wanted to make sure no competitors go the business but would not admit they could not fulfill the order themselves. I think this place should be shut down!
Worst Experience – They've no showed on appointments twice, that were made hours in advance. When I finally got them to show up they asked ME for directions, yey dropped me offf SIX BLOCKS away from the destination. Yet kept trying to get ME to pay cash when they kept messing up the credit card slips. One the way back, while having too much to drink they asked ME how to get home. They had the address and a gps. They then said they couldn't take cash when I got home. Their website says they take cash, and the bar called asking for someone that took a card. So they made me drive around looking for an atm with the meter still running. Only to drop me off at the wrong complex so I had to walk AGAIN!
Worse cab experience possible (Cardinal Cab) – (1) After providing the driver with our destination address, he asked us where it was located; we explained that it was near Poole road. (A central and very long road)
(2) After driving for 5-10 minutes, he asked if he should turn left or right on Poole road; agitated, I explained that this is his responsibility and he should use the GPS to avoid confusion and minimize our travel cost. (We recently moved to North Carolina and do not know our way around)
(3) The driver promptly told us that he would drop us off (in the middle of the street) and that we should pay for the distance thus far.
(4) We refused payment and refused to leave the car in the middle of nowhere in 35 degrees weather.
(5) He parked the car at some random driveway and insisted again that we leave the car. He kept insisting that he did not have to do anything and that we should leave the vehicle.
(6) After refusing a second time, I promptly called Cardinal Cab and explained the gravity of the situation.
(7) While I was on the phone with Cardinal Cab, the driver started yelling with frustration and kept insisting that he would take us back to Walgreens (our pick-up location) but would not take us to our destination.
(8) I insisted that he lower his voice and continued to complain to the Cardinal Cab operator. At this time, my girlfriend was extremely scared and I was filled with anxiety.
(9) After talking to the operator, the operator called the driver in an attempt to mediate the situation. The driver would not listen to the operator and continued to drive us back to the pick-up location. The driver insisted that we leave the car, otherwise, he would call police so that we would be removed by force.
(10) I mentioned that I would report this to the Better Business Bureau; he laughed and said that this was too small for him
(11) I mentioned that he could get fired for this; he laughed as if Cardinal Cab had no authority.
(12) I asked for his driver identification number, he refused.
(13) I told him that I need to take his license plate; he agreed (in an attempt to get us out of the car).
(14) I went behind the car to take a picture of his license plate with my phone; he backed up his car in a threatening manner (as if he was going to run me over). He kept laughing the entire time.
Safe, reliable cab company – I have taken Cardinal Cab many times. I can call them a few days ahead, and they pick me up on time. Cabs are clean and reliable. I chose Cardinal originally because they work with Interact, a local organization that provides services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Never had a problem with them.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Cardinal Cab on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.