Addison >Computers >
Software >Dr. Laptop
3767 Belt Line Rd, Addison, TX | Directions 7500132.953238 -96.852674
M-F 10:00am - 6:00pm, Sa 10:00am - 5:00pm
I don't think they know what they are doing. – I took my laptop in to get a repair. I was promised that they would give me updates on the progress. I dropped it off on Thursday and I hadn't heard anything by Tuesday. I called to find out that they couldn't find the part. Frustrated over losing $50 to be told there was nothing that they could do but they hadn't called me either I told them I wanted it back. I stopped in Thursday only to find they hadn't sent it back to the shop despite the fact they told me it would be delivered Tuesday afternoon! The cashier told me they had done everything by checking their vendors, Ebay and Amazon. I noticed he left out the manufacturer. I can't help but sense they were trying to replace the part with a second hand or an off brand device.
I get my laptop home, they hadn't shut it down properly! I had to run a disk check for the first time since I owned the computer! After running the disc check I loaded FireFox. Anytime it asks for a page needs a Password it won't load the page! Programs aren't loading properly! This is crazy! I have no idea what they've done!
Worst Laptop Repair Service Ever – Wow, just wow.. absolutely horrible experience with Dr. Laptop. Absolutely cannot recommend.
I sent in my 2008 unibody MacBook Pro to get the screen replaced and one of the fans. They told me that both fans, the screen, battery and the HDD needed replacing.. for $700. Pretty steep but it was in their possession now and they had already taken a $50 retainer. A month and a half later I receive my MBP.
- The Power Adapter was missing - it takes a further two weeks for them to send it, so I could not my MBP within this time. I had to call them SIX TIMES before I got someone helpful and even then it was only a nice online support staff member who actually got my issue resolved.
- They replaced the HDD but charged me for installing the OS and backing up all my files even though they had DONE NO SUCH THING. I had to wait two weeks for a HDD with all of backed up files. I had a back up, but on principle complained as they charged me for backing up the files.
- The right fan is VERY noisy and is at a constant 3000 RPMs. ALL my emails asking about this have been IGNORED, just like when I complained about my power adapter.
- The LEFT fan isn't even installed even though they charged me for it! At the very least, it's not working and my Fan Control software tells me it never goes above 0 RPM.
- The right side of the screen wasn't glued on properly and is FALLING OFF.
- The ONLY plus side is that my screen does look nice and crisp.. WHEN ITS NOT FALLING OFF ON THE SIDE.
Absolutely atrocious service. Cannot recommend them at all. Seriously, how are these people even still in business?
Great People. – I was totally impressed with their behavior. They were totally awesome. Definitely recommended if u have any screen repair. Happy to choose this place.
Dell Laptop screen repair was good. – I was impressed with the work of the technicians of this place. They looked so experienced. They also have done the repiar in no time and i found my laptop a perfect one.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Dr. Laptop on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.