6 Market Sq, Pittsburgh, PA | Directions 1522240.440582 -80.002175
Neighborhoods: Downtown (Central Business District)
STOOD UP BY CITY LIGHTS, AND THEY REFUSE REFUND – City Lights LLC was a complete nightmare. I could write a book on how horrendous it was working with them, but I'll keep it basic.
1. Check them out on the Better Business Bureau's website. If you're still interested in booking them, you're either illiterate or dead.
If that somehow wasn't enough, here's my story.
2. They didn't pick me up. Yeah, you think it's just a stupid worry that brides have... of course they'll at least pick you up, right? No. They didn't. They ditched me completely & I had to find a ride to my own wedding, despite the fact that I had pre-paid $1,200.
3. They showed up_after_ my wedding. . . 3 hours after they were supposed to pick me up at a different location? OK fine. At least they showed up at all, right? No. They showed up with a dirty, rusted out limo that actually still had garbage in it from the last people. oh, and the last people were totally smoking weed in there. Consequently, that's what my dress smelled like after I mustered up the strength to step inside of that trash-mobile. Awesome way to hug my family on my wedding day!
4. They won't give me a refund. Nope, not even partial. When I call them, Jim -- the guy who makes the reservations -- makes stuttering noises, mutters something about how he has been on vacation (seriously, every time), then tells me he is on the line with another bride & has to call me back. He doesn't, naturally.
5. So I complained to the driver on the day of. I know it wasn't his fault, but he was there so I did it. He told me that he knew this was pretty bad... BUT, he got re-routed to my wedding when he was actually scheduled to be picking up a different bride at 2PM (when he arrived at my wedding), and that girl was now being ditched just like I had been. He said they didn't have another car available to get her, so she was just completely stranded.
5. If all this doesn't scare you off, then 1 more thing. Jim will tell you that you _have_ to leave your tip on your credit card. It's their new policy. lolz. good one, Jim. Our driver called me a week later (weird, I know... but he hates City Lights just as much as I do, so at least we have that in common) with a written letter from the company stating that they do not collect tips on credit cards. So Jim is actually taking your $$, and probably smoking pot in the rusted out lincoln navigator that he likes to pretend "troy polumalu rented last weekend". The company is a scam, Jim is a delusional crook, and I am still trying to get my money back before they inevitably file for bankruptcy. At least I can help you to not make the same mistake I did. Don't book them. srsly.
Worst Limo Company in the CIty – We had reserved this limo company for a 40th birthday party. The limo driver called to tell us that he'd be 30 minutes late... he did not show up. We called him over 15 times and he refused to answer his phone. We also called the "emergency number" for the company and NOBODY answered or responded. We ended up driving ourselves and were 2 hours late for our reservation. Thankfully the restaurant still took us.
WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! If you want a dependable company, this is not the one.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of City Lights Limousine & Vip Sedan Service on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.