Taxis >Sunshine Yellow Cab
12521 Wagner St, Los Angeles, CA | Directions 9006633.987677 -118.422450
Neighborhoods: Marina Del Rey, West LA, Marina Del Ray
The Worst (and a scary experience to boot) – I needed a cab today from Santa Monica and picked Sunshine Yellow Cab because of their high marks from Yelpers.
Probably the single worst cab experience I have had to date and I'm from NYC of all places.
* I was told the cab would be there in 5-10min, it took over 20min and several calls back to them during that time to make sure I had a cab on the way (I'm fine if a cab takes 20 min as long as you tell me that's how long it will take, just don't say "should be there in 5min").
* An unmarked car showed up. I confirmed that he was from the company because I had expected an actual taxi cab to show up. The driver was rude asking me where I was going before I opened up the back door.
* As we started heading east, I asked, "Is there a meter or is it a flat rate?" The driver answered "flat" (again, I expected a cab/meter) so I asked how much it would be to go the 8 miles east on Pico and he quoted me $35/40. I said that seems really high to go 8 miles straight down a single road so he called the office and said that's the price. Again, I said I thought I was getting a cab and that's as expensive as it would be to go to the airport I don't understand. I admit I don't take a lot of cabs in LA (I actually needed the cab to take me from a car repair place).
* The driver immediately jerked the car over to the side of Pico and said, "GET OUT." Mind you, at that point I was only genuinely surprised at how much the ride was costing me. Obviously, had I known it was a car service when I first called I would have asked that beforehand not once in the car.
* I said, "Excuse me?! What's your name?" The driver refused to answer me. I asked again, "What's your name?" He refused. Then turned around and yelled at me to get out and that he was going to call the cops at which point I laughed and said, "Please do!"
* He started to turn around in the front seat to face me and I honestly felt like he might grab my arm or something so I got out of the cab and he literally peeled away so fast there was smoke.
* I called Sunshine back (what I was attempting to do to double-check the price before the driver swerved over the side of the road to dump me) and didn't get an apology. In fact, he said "I'm not sure which car/driver you had" (um, that's a LIE - I said HE JUST CALLED YOU BEFORE DUMPING ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD)
* Guy on the phone made a half-hearted attempt to get me another cab. I told him not to bother - honestly I was dumped on the side of the road in a not-so-great location and had been treated quite terribly so took my chances on the bus.
Good luck to anyone else who thinks of using them.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Sunshine Yellow Cab on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.