1611 N Molter Rd, Spokane, WA | Directions 9920747.672878 -117.091071
I DO NOT recommend Physzique. I joined one of their Fitness Challenges, and this is what I have to share:
- THE TRAINERS ARE PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS. Seriously. At no time did any of them during my 12 weeks of classes take the time to a.) pay attention to me and my needs b.) teach proper form AND c.) are only "certified" as a trainer thru Physzique.
- UNORGANIZED! This "company" is so unorganized. They are so young, yet trying to get to big, that they don't have the infrastructure to support this growth! The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Beware.
- CLASS SIZES. Because this company is hyping their challenges, class sizes are huge! So large to the point most classes had to be modified for the large group. I even had to workout next to the grimey bathroom door at times. No arm room. Not enough equipment. And dumb-founded trainers as to what to do with 30+ in one small room. As well, speaking to others about their second location - same issues.
- CLASS AGENDAS are random!.. SO if you can only make three classes out of the week, you just might get stuck with all Leg work outs! They DON'T tell you what classes are what or when. :(
- Classes DO NOT INCORPORATE warm-ups or stretching! You are totally on your own.
- CLASSES are more based on strength training, not cardio. So if you want to look lean and fit YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET IT HERE. Most of the other women that I met during this challenge that were repeat clients were rather Large and Manly muscular. Not what I wanted when I was trying to lose 50 lbs.
- DIRTY FLOORS! The floor is disgusting! Imagine every class you are standing in the same location.. and as you are doing non-stop burpbees and push-ups you notice the same gobs and gobs of dog hair, people hair and WHO KNOWS hair - Always there. Never vacuumed. Smiling at you and your mouth as you try to stay focused and not eat them. IT WAS GROSS. I never saw the floor "contents" changed.
- NUTRITION advisory/council - This was a joke. You are required to turn in a very comprehensive log of all your food intake every week. Physzique "grades" and returns. Out of the 12 weeks, I only received 2 back! Neither of them were consistent on grading. THIS is your nutrition guide. HUH.
- NEPOTISM. Politics are thick. Physzique is inbred with family members: Amy Hunt is married to Zach Hunt. Both are owners. Sam Fairbanks is Amy's Brother etc. etc. etc. Basically if you have a problem (specifically with Sam. MANY MANY people had issues with Sam), you don't have a place to go.
- 12 WEEK CONTRACT - and you are stuck! In no way shape or form are you allowed to break your contract unless you move out of state or death.
Amazingly, as I had to keep biting the bullet with all of these issues, I was blown away by the responses from other personal trainers or fitness centers across Spokane. Physzique has quite the reputation for being unsafe, uncoordinated and infantile.
If it's not clear yet... I would NEVER recommend. And I hope this review helps others in their journey :)
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Physzique on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.