Reno >Food & Dining > Casale's Halfway Club
2501 E 4th St, Reno, NV | Directions 8951239.534574 -119.784509
Neighborhoods: Ward 3
Out of the PAst – My family from all over California came to Reno to celebrate our birthdays, I went by to check out the resturant the day before and discovered that I had given them the wrong date. Wow the owner said " problem just come tomorrow night" Our party of of 14 showed up the next nite. We had a large table with balloons on it. I think we ordered every thing on the menu. We had pizza, ravalois. chicken, etc. You have to have grown up where family run Italian resterants were popular. The food was fine. Not tthe best ever but good. The price was great. We had wine, deserrt. and the bill for all of us was under $150. The owner came out and wished us all a happy birthday. If you want a place out of the 40"s go there, Few like this one remain
Best Place in town – This is the best food in town. I have grown up with this food the family did and still does go there for a great meal together. It is the oldest restaurant in town if not the state in the same location under the same ownership sence 1937. How could anyone go wrong with this place, they have to be doing it right to be open this long. The rav's are homemade as is the gravy, some can be a little hot but that is what happens when you make it at home, and not out of some mass market kitchen.
Worst Italian food I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – My husband and I took the suggestion out of the VIA Triple AAA travel magazine.
And we are sorry that we took their suggestion.
1. the service was slow and lazy.
2. The ravoli's were mushy and the marinara sauce was way too peppery! Like somebody dropped to much pepper in the sauce.
3. the antipasto salad was really bad, the cheese were the mozerrella strips that you can buy from the supermarket, the salami was not fresh and the olives were not tasty, probably out of a can.
4. my main dish the spagetti and meatballs were OK. Again the sauce was too spicy and the meatballs were OK.
5. The atmosphere was loud and boisterous, because the bartender or whoever he was , he was walkking around the dining area, just blurting out nonsense because he was drinking too much jeigermeister from what we overheard.
6. and to top it all off, as we left there was a waitress tossing cookies right in front of the restaurant! Disgusting, If I were to walk in and see that I would of turned around and not even bother to eat there.
In conclusion, this was the worse italian food that I've ever eaten, Olive garden would of been better!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Casale's Halfway Club on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.