Houston >Maggie Rita's
1400 Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX | Directions 7700729.773476 -95.409538
Neighborhoods: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park, Central
BAD SERVICE!! – Reserved a table for 10 for a Christmas gathering amongst friends. We were seated immediately, waitress came by and took our drink orders, but then we didn't see her or our drinks for about 10 minutes. We ordered our food, most of which were fajitas and didn't receive our food until TWO hours later. We had to flag down our waitress to order drinks and to get "updates" on our food. Apparently they booked a large party that was taking up ALL of the attention of the WAITSTAFF and the ONE COOK they apparently have. (Place was not full, just our table of 10, the big party and maybe 6 other tables). Once our food was brought out, they apologized because there was no more spanish rice. How do you run out of rice at a mexican restaurant? Our food was cold and not very good at all. We flagged down a floor manager to make him aware of our situation, he blatantly told us "I hope you aren't expecting a FREE MEAL out of this". I WILL NEVER GO BACK to this place!! I do not recommend this place to ANYONE!! Do not eat here if you expect good service or food. Carlos Mencia is a comedian and this place is a JOKE!!! I'd give this place a negative star if i could!!
NO! – If I could- I would give it 0 stars.
TERRIBLE. Everything about this place is terrible. The service was terrible, the food was terrible and completely overpriced, and even the manager was rude! We had gone there as a party of 9 for a family member's birthday-
1) They overcharged us for our drinks.
2) They split the tab completely wrong. (We told them in the beginning who's tab was who)
3) It took 30 minutes for us to get our food- and it was not even busy. It took about 10 minutes for every additional margarita we ordered.
4) When I spoke to the manager he was impolite and obviously annoyed with us- then it was like pulling teeth to have him charge me the correct amount for the drinks I ordered when in my opinion he should have comped our whole table for the amount of mess we went though- especially since it was a birthday get together.
5) The waitress knew absolutely nothing about the food they served.
6) I ordered the salmon and empanada tapas. Both overpriced- the empanadas oozed grease all over the plate and the salmon was so overcooked it was difficult to swallow.
7) They did not clear our plates. We had to stack everyone's plates on a neighboring empty table.
8) One person didn't get her meal until 15 minutes after everyone else had.
SERIOUSLY- I could go ON AND ON..... Just save yourself the gas money and don't go to this place.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Maggie Rita's on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.