14910 Persistence Dr, Woodbridge, VA | Directions 2219138.628487 -77.252927
PWHI promises but hasn't delivered yet – We've been having a HORRIBLE experience with PWHI that just will not end. Our small master bathroom rennovation that was started 8 months ago is still causing headaches. Our troubles have been:
1. Lack of communication from project manager about actual budget, no itemized list, and absolutely no response from the project manager when we expressed concern about work quality repeatedly during the project via phone messages and email.
2. Lack of communication between on site crew and project manager about bathroom design- they bought the wrong materials for the wainscotting because they didn't know what waisncotting looked like.
3. Poor tile installation- within 4 months thr grout in our floor tile started cracking. The shower wall tile was not cut properly so the diamond shapes do not match up, the tiles do not lay flat so some stick out which is very noticable with the light shining down on them, the wall tile was not cut to sit flush to the ceiling, and the BIG gap was poorly filled with silicone, backsplash tile installed without bullnose because "there was an electrical socket in the way", so left unfinished rather than moving the socket. The cabinet crown molding sits on top of the edge of the shower tile because they did not cut the tile.
4. Drips of silicone left to dry on the shower faucet, shower door
5. Cabinet door knobs installed uneven
6. Plumbing screw ups- Upon installing the new shower drain, our kitchen ceiling leaked and had to be patched and repainted TWICE because the installer did not install the drain properly. As the weather became colder, we realized that we were not getting hot showers, just luke warm, and it got colder and colder over the weeks. The PWHI contractor who came to inspect the problem discovered, after opening up the shower wall, that the installer put in the shower hot and cold valves backwards, and tried to "fix" his mistake by installing the shower faucet internal mechanism upside down, causing the gradual deterioration over a few months.
This inspector that caught the plumbing mistake also said he would never let the shoddy work of the bathroom pass as representative of PWHI work. (He pointed out all of the problems as listed above.)
Because of his report, the regional manager has promised to gut and redo the complete rennovation at no charge. PWHI called to confirm the dates approximately a month ago, and with a start date of tomorrow, we have not been contacted by the project manager or lead crew person. Here we go again....
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Prince William Home Improvement on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.